Thursday, May 28, 2020

For Dad

Father's Day is late this year, June 21st.  
But there's no time like the present to make a card for Dad.

 
Here I go again, working backwards.
I wanted to use the embossing folder.  Isn't it great?
Then I searched through my digi files to find this cute guy who has just received a new tie for Father's Day.  The image is from DeeDee's Digis, colored with Promarkers.
The sentiment with frame is from CTMH. 

Challenges:
Stinkin Inkers Challenge - In the Bag  (I really enjoy fussy cutting, but the handles on that tiny bag were too tough for me.  I cut them off and replaced them with a bit of old waxy flax by CTMH. ) 
The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge - Favorite Technique (Dry embossing, but I love fussy cutting, too.) 
A Place to Start May Challenge - Create a custom background.  No designer paper.
Artsy Stamper Challenge #16 - It's a Guy Thing 

8 comments:

  1. Love your take on using a bag for our challenge, I am sure I would have had to put on new handles too!
    Thanks for sharing at Stinkin' Inkers
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi. In your comment on my blog you explained the circus peanuts. Loved it because we don't know them in the Netherlands. I just found it funny images.
    You made a great card with that cute panda and his new Father's day tie. That embossingfolder is just stunning.
    Have a great day!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great job on the techniques! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the CCC Digi Creations.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at CCC Digi Creations Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #260 “Father’s Day” LINKY challenge
    This is really great!! I love the embossing folder and the bear is so huggable
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. super CUTE card and what a fun background!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the super cute embossing folder and your focal image was the perfect pick! Thanks for a fun and adorable submission to our challenge at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner I apologize for the tardy comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.