Monday, November 13, 2023

Monday Mishap

 Yesterday was my day to put stuff away.  Christmas here, stamps there, paper in the closet, embossing powders and ink pads in the drawer...... I was so pleased to have everything in its place, even though it never stays that way for long, until I spied  one lone strip of plaid paper on the floor.  It must have fallen out of the pack.  I carried it to my table and that's how this card began.

I was trying to channel Bette Manning because I love her cards and these are her favorite colors.  I was pretty pleased with my outcome and decided to do the inside, too.  Everything was looking fine and then I dropped the dauber.  Nooooooooooo!

Can you see the smudge at the top of the photo?

Now what do I do?  I tried a sanding eraser.  Using a tissue, I tried a bit of white ink.  I thought of maybe some random spots in the blue?  I laid out a few flowers but didn't like it.  I could add a gift card pocket and save it for someone to whom I send cash or a gift card?  A single butterfly descending to sit on the flower?

What would Bette do?


For now I will enter this card in a few challenges.  If you have any suggestions on how to fix my goof, please let me know.

Crafty Catz Challenge #658 - Make It Sparkle 

Cut It Up Challenge #290 - Layer It Up (I used Spellbinder dies for the layered flowers.)

Seize the Birthday Challenge #273 - AG, Optional topping is Neutrals Only

 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge # 234 -  I used the bottom row.


 

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful, I love the flowers and bow you used. Thanks for joining our Layer It Up challenge at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi... love the story of this card! I was smiling the whole way relating to every minute. Great card from a scrap of plaid. Thanks for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how tidy up time sparks creativity! You made a lovely card with your plaid DSP and I think you probably got away with the dauber fall as it looks like part of the paper. But if you're a perfectionist, all your ideas are brilliant!! Thank you for coming to play at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Layer it Up" challenge. Please join our newest challenge #291 "Friends and Family."
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and everything blends so well together. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.