Thursday, February 27, 2014

Stumbling Around in the Middle of the Night

I didn't realize that Digi Stamps 4 Joy was having a monthly Christmas Progressive Challenge
 I stumbled onto this knowledge while doing a blog hop at Clear It Out Challenge Blog, which I stumbled onto when I visited Em's blog, one of my new Teammates at Tuesday Throwdown.  All of this was in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping.  I have found that the middle of the night is a good time for visiting blogs and leaving some love for my teammates.
 By the way, have you joined the fun at Tuesday Throwndown this week? 
 It's an Anything Goes Challenge.   
 (I don't mind putting an extra plug in for Tuesday Throwdown this week.  It's Design Team A's week to leave comments for all the entrants.  I'm on Team B.)

Now where was I going with this????  
Oh..  The Christmas Progressive Challenge at Digi Stamps 4 Joy...
You must enter the challenge with the free monthly digi in order to get the next month's free digi.  February's freebie is a cute dino.  I missed January and didn't want to miss February, too, so I quickly emailed Desire and she was kind enough to send me the digi last night.  With just a bit more than a day left before the challenge closed, I got to work on my card first thing this morning. 

(oops, forgot to straighten and crop the photo, sorry,  just tilt your head a bit to the left)
The paper is from my Christmas stash, I used Spellbinders beaded circle dies, a Fiskars corner punch, Darice snowflake embossing folder,  markers, and CTMH gems and sentiment stamp. 
I followed the current sketch, #80,  from the Feeling Sketchy Challenge , although I moved the border strip (I used a Dazzle self adhesive border.) to the top of the card instead of the bottom.
 
I will be entering my card there
as well as in the 
and the following fun challenges:
The Stamping Boutique Challenge #5 - Use a punch or die cut
Emerald Fairies Challenge #52 - Let's see a Banner
Feeling Crafty Challenge #25 - Dies and or Punches
Lothian Crafts Online Challenge #31 - Love Using Your Dies
ABC Christmas Challenge - D is for die cuts


Now I must make a card for the blog hop challenge at Clear It Out, which I stumbled upon........

13 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the bright colors, they are perfect for that little dino. And I also really like the stencilling on the beaded circles dies. It gives a really fun look. AND I think you have inspired me to pull out some of my corner punches. I don't think I have used them in a looooooong time and maybe not even used them very much at all. But I do like the look of the fancy corners of your main panel. Thanks for playing with CHNC2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, what a fun, bright and colourful Christmas card. Who wouldn't be cheered by that in the heart of Winter! It's perfect for our current challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. Thanks for joining in and good luck! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Christmas card... never to early to get started on them!! Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy!!
    Hugs,
    Cathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is so fun and gorgeous Debi. Love the beautiful green and red colouring and how you did the sentiment. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of March.

    You might also like to enter this beautiful Christmas card over at Lisa’s Linky Party as there are some lovely prizes up for grabs each month.
    {Decosse’s 12 months of Christmas Link Up}

    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Debi! He's such a cute little dino, and so different for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card with wonderful papers!
    Thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.
    Maureen aka Scrappymo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute! Love that sweet little dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, very cute, love those papers. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww that is super cute !! Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! That dragon is super cute! Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card, love the bright and cheery colors too! So glad you joined us for our Die Cut Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cute Christmas card. thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.