Monday, September 11, 2023

Change of Plans

Once again, what I envision at 3am (instead of sleeping) often doesn't work when I get to my craft table later in the day.    

Don't get me wrong, I like the final result but needed to make a few changes along the way. 

My goal was to make a card for the current 

Double Trouble Challenge Oh My Gourd Color Challenge

First I made a sample card to see if my idea would work.

Using strips of papers in fall colors, I made the background.  Actually, I made 2 so I had one to use as a sample.  Then I die cut a leaf, popped it up with foam tape and put it back in the space.

 

That was pretty much the look I wanted, only with a pumpkin die cut from the center. 
 Then I discover my pumpkin die was too big and too intricate to use like this.
But wait.  
I knew I had another pumpkin die, but where was it?  After quite a bit of searching, I found it tucked in an envelope with another die.  I know not why!
Problem was, this die was too small.
 
 
After a few changes, below is my card for

Double Trouble Challenge Challenge # 147

and the partner challenge

Inspiration Station September Challenge, Prompt #53.

 How could I not make a card with a pumpkin, after seeing this!


 

And this is what happened to the ornate pumpkin die cut.



 I could spend hours making backgrounds with little paper strips.

They are so much fun.

Now that I think about it, I already spend hours doing just that!

 

 Thanks for visiting.


5 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Debi! Your early morning musings resulted in a lovely fall card for our challenge. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #147. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, it looks like you should do all your card designing at 3am... this one turned our beautifully! I really like the woven background with all the fall colors from out Double Trouble challenge, and of course the inclusion of the pumpkins for the "Oh My Gourd" element!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi, so glad you persevered, all are great cards; but love that you were able to find the pumpkins in your stash and please Twisted Sister with her optional twist. However, love each of your cards and of course any one of them Trouble Maker (me) is pleased with. Thanks again for sharing your inspiration with us at Double Trouble and Inspiration Station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely, and your 3 AM ideas turned out perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you were dreaming of cards when you couldn't sleep! I love thinking of designs in my head too. These Fall cards turned out really cute! Thanks for playing at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.