Thursday, February 25, 2016

Why did I do that?

I am referring to the faux stitching I put across the top of this card.  I'm not liking it.  But I thought Mickey and Tracey might like the double curtain fold, so I posted the card anyway.

 The papers, ribbon, shimmer trim, and stamps are CTMH.

3 hours later....
Well,  now we've had our daily walk to the 7-eleven; DH bought cigarettes; I got a double snickers bar with a wrapper that said Irritable on it; ate both bars on the way back home (today's lunch); ran to the farner's market BY MYSELF to pick up just enough food to get us through until Monday when we head back to PA; 
and now I'll submit this card to a few challenges:

As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Occasion & Why (Birthdays - I love Birthday Cake! and finding that perfect gift for the special people in my life!)

Okay.  That's enough of that!  
I should have bought 2 candy bars. 

12 comments:

  1. I love the curtain fold and the stitching at the top! Your going the sewing route today Debi! Very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty and that curtain fold is AWESOME!! The stitching across the top is fine ... I like it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK SPRING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Debi! super fun fold...this is adorable! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing me a card fold I've never seen before--I love that double curtain fold and will have to figure out how to do it myself. Thanks for the inspiration and have a safe drive home.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! The curtain fold looks amazing - have not seen this before! Not sure why you're questioning your faux stitching - I think it's perfect and it actually looks like real stitching to me! Gorgeous colours and patterns on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful looking card, love the fold pattern you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the "stitching" and am so happy you shared this wonderful fold. Such a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The curtain fold is great! I love this card : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think the faux stitching works! Lovely feminine card. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, and what a great occasion to make a card for! Thanks for playing with us at As You Like It. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so beautiful! What a clever fold and great contrast with the pink and b/w! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waw this is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.