Saturday, April 22, 2023

It's Time ..... Double Trouble Challenge #136

 There was a time when I tried to play every Double Trouble Challenge.  And then there came a time when I just didn't have the time.  But today I did!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEitXPy-hFuGCA1Lg7XwJxEs48f9zMj-2-0gJZSnCHOkthDwrYqcOBze0FHwqdI1l_z7VmQ92T650VZfKt5keZv7PRMt0Ik5epVsvdHu_9ATVspmPE15fr1tzO8iRVoQNPt2LyQvvkriEhTCvhJNrzzf-fN7j5nWSlc7uFgW4su2sKZBWzjAyZNMkJywnQ/s576/Challenge%20%23136%20Special%20Lady%20Beautiful%20Blossoms%20copy.jpg 

 I planted a lilac bush next to my patio.  It took several years, but now it blooms wonderfully.  The fragrance is so pretty. 
When I read Twisted Sister's paragraph about her mother and lilacs, I was touched and immediately knew I had some very pretty lilac paper I would use to make a card.  Knowing you have something, and knowing where it is are generally 2 different things when it comes to my stash.  It probably took longer to find the paper than to make the whole card!
 
 Before I put the inks, stamps and papers away, I usually make a second card from the scraps.  And today I decorated the envelopes, too.  Here it is.

 Both cards will go to two very special friends on Mother's Day.
 
Challenges:
Double Trouble Challenge #136 - see image above 
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge - Anything Goes Florals, Mood Board #4
 
 Those colors are inspiring.
Simon Says Challenge - Things with Wings
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Flower and why (lilacs; fragrance)
Daring Cardmakers Challenge - Birds of a Feather



Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Love you card! I can almost smell the lilacs! Your blog was funny and so enjoyable, too! Glad you could join and use us paper from your stash, too. Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous papers and the bird is so very pretty. I only remember I have something once I stumble across it, searching for something. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We love seeing all the lovely entries.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the die cut taken from the background - very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Debi! I especially like the way you framed the beautifully colored bird. We are pleased that we inspired you to search for that gorgeous paper and appreciate your playing along with us at Double Trouble #136. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to frame your image, such a pretty card! Your leftover scraps card is also gorgeous, great inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card and I love your decorated envelope! What an awesome idea for leftover paper. Thanks for sharing your creations with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debi, so glad you found time for us and it's everything my mom would have liked in a card. Love the way you did the frame with the same paper and the add of the birdie with great match of colors in the lilacs, perfect... gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Beautiful Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! 💜💜Your lilacs. They are beautiful! I saw this at the As You Like It Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your card reminds me of Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival at Disneyworld, FL, USA. I invite you to come join the fun! Have a creative & peaceful weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully put together - so pretty and delicate.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.