Thursday, February 8, 2024

Twisted Pop-up Valentine Card

Several weeks ago I attempted to make a twisted pop up card to send to a little one who is battling cancer.  But, everything that could go wrong, went wrong.  I dissected that card and turned it into a step card.

I thought I'd try again with a Valentine, following a tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers.

In fact, it was so simple this time that I made a second one 

for my 4 great granddaughters.


Challenges I am playing:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Love is in the Air 

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Valentine's or Galentine's Day (animals are stamped)

Creative Creases Challenge - AG with a fun fold

Double Trouble Challenge - Love is in the Air (Hot air balloon paper)

 

 

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Love the variety of air balloons for your fun fold... great job. Thanks again for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Your grandchildren will surely enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a problem to begin with but glad you persisted. I am also so sad that a child has to deal with cancer. This will brighten a child's day. 4 great grands...how special. Thank you for playing at CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found a helpful tutorial on Splitcoaststampers because you’ve created a sweet, interactive card that will definitely brighten that sick child’s day! And now that you have the hang of it, how fun to make some for your great-granddaughters, too! Thank you so much for sharing this adorable project at Creative Creases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, I've never tried a twisted pop-up card, but the great way yours turned out encourages me to try one! Love the balloon front of your card, and then the surprise four fun critters inside!! Thank you for sharing the link to the tutorial, in addition to your beautiful card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great twisted popup card, Debi! I love making them and haven't done one in a while so thanks for reminding me to try one again. I'm sure the little patient you're giving it to will love it. My husband is a retired physician who did bone marrow transplants on cancer kids. It's so rewarding to work with them but also heart-wrenching. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card fold! Thanks for joining in our Valentine's or Galentine's Day Challenge at Sweet Stampin'. So glad you did. Happy Valentine's Day. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a fun card!! I love that creative fold and the hot air balloons are perfect for our love is in the air challenge! Thanks for joining us at double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute and you've done a great job with the fancy fold too.

    Thanks for sharing it at the Double Trouble Challenge.

    Helen x
    Crazy Cousin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.