Tuesday, April 16, 2024

CAS 4 Double Trouble

We've been back from our winter stay in Florida for 18 days.  Things here are slowly getting back to normal.  And, once again, I'm making a few cards on an as needed basis.  Now you might think that the card I made today would not fall into that category.  However, the Double Trouble Challenge is one of my favorites and I made this card for my Double Trouble family.

Using a negative from die cutting those adorable hearts on stems, I stenciled them in the corner of my cs.  Next I added the flowers and leaves.  (This winter I picked up a piece of very pretty paper at HL that was filled with bunches of flowers, enough for all the gals in my card class.  I fussy cut them all.  There were just a few partial flowers around the edges which I also fussy cut, knowing I'd find the perfect spot for them.) I stamped a few little spots and my sentiment.  Then I embossed the entire piece before adhering it to my card base.  I'm very pleased with how this turned out.  I'm thinking of making a set to give as a gift.

The current Double Trouble Challenge is 

Challenge #164 "CAS Less But Better" partnering with Crafter's Cafe 
I'll be entering both challenges.

 

 

 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.


Yesterday I made two baby cards to go with the two baby blankets I made in Florida.
I can't wait to show them to you.
First, I think it's time to unpack my suitcase.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, and thank you for your tutorial on creating your beautiful card, love the add of the embossing. Glad you are almost settled in and thanks for sharing your beautiful cards with us at Double Trouble and Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfectly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Debi! I love your commentary as well. Wonderfully CAS, too. Thank you for sharing at Double Trouble #165.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.