Saturday, January 9, 2021

Wonkey Donkey Card #1

 Time to play with something new!

I needed 2 male birthday cards and thought this a perfect opportunity to try out my new set of Whimsy Stamps Wonkey Donkeys .

Masking isn't one of my specialties, but I had this idea in my head and didn't know how else to make this background.  As it is, it took me 4 tries and lots of masks to make this card.  There are dies available for the Donkeys, but I fussy cut the masks and the ones for this card.  

The Happy Birthday die is from Shady Lane Impressions.

Then I decided to decorate the inside with another Wonkey Donkey. The sentiment is from a stamp set from Stamplorations called A Snarky Birthday.  And the dies I used are also from Stamplorations and are called Crazy Double Running Stitch Nesting Dies

 

Challenges: 

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a new, unused product (donkey stamps); Crafting Happiness Challenge #78 - A for Animals; 

 

Through the Craft Room Door Challenge Week of Jan 5th - AG; Shopping Our Stash Challenge #436 - Use something new (donkey stamps); The Male Room Challenge # 146 - Animals;

 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New (donkey stamps); Moving Along With The Times Challenge #126 - Something New (donkey stamps); Krafty Chicks Challenge #541 - Stamp Act; C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #582 - AG; Inkspirational Challenge #230 - Mask; Crazy 4 Challenges C4C346 - Something New (donkey stamps)


I know I said at the beginning of this post that I needed 2 male birthday cards.  The second card I made used the same stamps.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to post it today.

I'll add it to my blog tomorrow.

 

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful masculine card you made :-))
    Thanks for joining us at the The Male Room Craft Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Debi. I love the stamp. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge. Hugs Sylvia-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your masking. I am masking-challenged myself but I should try it again. Such a fun stamp and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for persevering with masking the donkey! I would have gone with the die-cuts *grin! Fabulous card; makes me smile! Thak you for joining us at Inkspirational!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me laugh. A great birthday card and good job masking. Glad you joined us this week at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I did laugh when I saw this, great work on this and such a fun insert too. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely Donkey cards with Moving Along with the Times; they fit perfectly with our ‘New’ challenge theme. Great sentiment too. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic and funny card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was definitely worth the time to make this card - it's great!

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.