Saturday, April 24, 2021

Looking for the right paper

While looking for the perfect paper to make a special card, I came across a Decoupage Pack by Papermania called OWL FOLK.  How these owls managed to hide among my patterned papers is beyond me.  The package has never been opened and must be a couple of years old.

It's been opened now.

 Here's a thank you card I made using one of the punch out circles with a 3 layer owl.  There were actually 6 layers in the pack, but I stretch the designs by only using 3.  It also doesn't make the card too thick for mailing. 

Using a Sizzix die, I cut the brown circle.  Then I went in search of some patterned paper which would compliment the image.  Not only did I find paper, but I also found a punch out sentiment to match.  What an easy make. The only ink involved was a bit to distress edges.

Now to get back to looking for the perfect paper 

to make that special card.  

 

After I enter a few challenges:

Mix It Up Challenge #48 - No stamping; Crafty Catz Challenge #548 - AG; The Alphabet Challenge - B is for Bird; Moving Along with the Times April Challenge #129 - Animals/Birds; Cute Card Thursday Challenge #683 - Green; Creative Knockouts Challenge #358 - Wings and Things


7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when a card comes together by itself as it were!Great monochrome card love the cute Owl and perfect papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. I love that owl and the papers.[Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little owl, and good idea to use just 3 layers, it looks great! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes tidying my craftroom throws up things I've forgotten about. It's fun when it happens. I adore your card and the lovely little owl. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely design to showcase your owl, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - what a great monochromatic card! It's so subtle yet so full of interest! Beautiful job on this card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Alphabet Challenge "B" is for Bird!
    Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Those pesky owls sure were hiding. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.