Thursday, May 20, 2021

Happy 91st Birthday

 This birthday card needed to be a bit special because it's for a wonderful lady who went to high school with my mother and I've known all my life. 

Her family couldn't have a big 90th birthday celebration last year due to Covid 19 restrictions.  This year they are showering her with cards.  Here's my contribution to the many cards she'll be receiving:



This is called an arrow fold card.  Linda Heller has a good video on her blog here, if you'd like to try one.

The rose stamp is from CTMH 

and the sentiment stamp is by My Favorite Things.

 

Challenges:

Inkspirational Challenges # 239 - Triangle

Allsorts Challenge #624 - AG

Creations in Pink Challenge #34 - AG in mainly pink 

Crafty Hazelnut's May Patterned Paper Challenge - AG with patterned paper

Crafter's Cafe Challenge #266 - Feminine - Girls or Ladies 

Double Trouble Challenge #84 -  Patterned Paper, Girly Girl Project, Bling, enter ..........

Stinkin' Inkers Challenge - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Aud Sentiments Challenge - For the Girls + a sentiment

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge -  Dies/Punches

Through the Craft Room Door Challenge May 18th - AG

AAA Birthday Game #25 -  Happy Birthday 


Creative Creases Challenge - AG Fancy Fold

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I worked on this card I realized my mother will also be 91 next month.

Uh Oh!  I better get my thinking cap on!

 

12 comments:

  1. A pretty card in great colours, lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge again, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, 91!? That certainly calls for a very special card and yours is just perfect! I am sure she will love it. Thanks so much for celebrating with us at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful fancy fold and so perfect for a big celebration as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Debi, I love that cake die and your Fun Fold is so fun... your recipient will love it, a lovely girly girl card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Stinkin'Inkers. By the way there is a fairly new Fun Fold bi-weekly challenge whenever you have a fold card... check them out at https://secretstamper.com/category/creative-creases-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi, our Mother's friend will LOVE this card!!! I've never seen the arrow fold before, but you sure used it artfully that definitely will make her feel that "It's Your Day"! Thank you for sharing your creativity and card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a very special card for a very special birthday! Great make! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, what a beautiful creation for our INkspirational Challenge! Kudos to this special lady; she's a CHAMP! Thank you for joining us~

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome card. I will for sure look up this style of card. I love it and I hope she has a wonderful blessed birthday. So glad you shared your card over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful fun fold card, Debi! I will check this fold out soon. Love all of the great details and know that it was appreciated. Thank you for playing in the Creative Creases Challenge and hope you will join in the next challenge starting tomorrow!
    Debbie
    www.secretstamper.com
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for Fun Folds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Feminie Challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous fun fold, Debi! I found this design about a month ago on YouTube and made it. Your decorations and embellishments are perfect for the occasion. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #84.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the unusual shape of this card. Thank you for joining in the 'for the girls' challenge at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.