Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother's Day Card

 Yesterday, I discovered some pretty die cuts hiding in an envelope of miscellaneous items that had no home.  And since I couldn't find the card I had made for my mother weeks ago, I used them to make her this card instead:


For the background paper behind the die cut,  I used colored pencils and a clear glitter brush to blend them.  The sentiment stamp is from CTMH.   And
somewhere, if I ever find it, is next year's card already made.  Don't you just hate when that happens?

 

Challenges:

Cut It Up Challenge #225 - Mother's Day 

As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Way to Add Ribbon (When I want a ribbon on my card, I just pull a bow out a a bag of bows I've made from ribbon ends, add a sticky adhesive dot and pop it right on the card.  Easy!)

The House That Stamps Built Challenge #m521 - All About Moms 

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Feminine 

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #444 - For Mom

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Mother's Day and Flowers 

 

3 comments:

  1. What a great find! And you made a beautiful card to go with it. I love your use of the negative space behind the flowers. What a fun way to get all those colors!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Cut it Up for our Mother’s Day challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card and lovely die cut. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm . . . I don't think I've ever lost a card before (pieces? Yes, for sure!), but then again, I don't usually make them ahead of time--I'm pretty much a last minute kind of gal. Anyway, your card is beautiful!! The colors behind the die cut out are so pretty and that little bow is the perfect way to finish it off! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.