Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Top Priority

When I finally got to spend some time in my craft room today, my top priority was making a birthday card for a young man, turning 19 and just starting college.   I spent some time searching for an idea on Pinterest with no success.  I was on my own.

I selected paper first and then a Happy Birthday die.

I was not too thrilled with the result. I set it aside and started again with different paper.  The second piece of paper turned out more to my liking.

It was nice finding those SU donkeys all colored and fussy cut in the box with the stamps! 

 

 

I used CTMH stamps to finish my first attempt, which will go in the SAS4Kids box. 


 

Still on my work area were 2 die cut "Birthday"s.  I cut a third one from a scrap of paper and 3 balloons and glued them on another piece of paper, and then stamped "Happy" 3 times up the side.  Another card for the SAS4Kids box.


Thanks for visiting my blog.


Challenges:

If you give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge #185 - Black

Seize the Birthday Challenge #270 - Repetitive Die Cuts


5 comments:

  1. Love your repetitive Birthday and matching balloons. I hope your son had a nice birthday. Your other cards are wonderful too. Love the sweet donkeys. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you made a good decision! The donkeys are fun and funny - he'll get a kick out of it! It's nice when you find coloured images that you forgot about, so handy! The other two cards are both gorgeous too - I think the chameleon is very cute and I love how his tail has started to change colour with the die-cut. Fun detail! Awesome use of your leftovers too! Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great birthday cards. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday with your repetitive Happy Birthday and balloons. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful! That die is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.