Sunday, February 21, 2021

Curtain or Skirt Fold?

 

When I first saw the double sided freebie papers in the Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration catalog, I was attracted by the deep colored flowers on one side and the wonderful patterns on the opposite.   I knew they would make attractive skirt/curtain fold cards.  

I started this card by making the folds for the bottom half and the pale pink strip to cover the edge but I had no vision for the top.  It sat on the desk for a couple days, waiting to be finished.  Today I thought I'd play with the Pretty Perennial stamps and dies.  Before long I had a nice selection of flowers and leaves to finish off this card.   Then all it needed was a quick Happy Birthday and a few gems.  (BTW, the Happy Birthday stamps are from CTMH.)

Now, do you call this special fold a skirt fold or a curtain fold?  Are they one and the same?  If not, what is the difference?  I'd be interested in your responses?

 

Challenges:

Mix It Up Challenge #46 - AG with a fancy fold; Crafty Catz Challenge #539 - AG, twist: in the garden ; Creative Creases Challenge #1 - AG with a fun fold; Creative Knockouts Challenge #389 - Lots of Layers; Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Favorite Technique (special folds); Through the Craft Room Door Challenge Week of February 16th - AG; The Flower Challenge #53 - Use your newest stamps or dies (The Pretty Perennial Stamps and Dies just arrived last Monday.  First time I used them.);

 


7 comments:

  1. I have seen it called curtain fold and this card style has been on my list to try for a long time. What am I waiting for? Your card is so gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your curtain fold looks beautiful with the SAB paper! I just love this beautiful card with the Pretty Perennials bundle!! Thank you for playing in my first Creative Creases challenge and hope you will come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card so pleased you shared with us at crafty catz hope to see you in our next challenge. Good Luck in the Draw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card Debi!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you will join us again this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.