Sunday, February 7, 2021

Guess who is 7 soon?

 It's hard to believe that my first great-granddaughter, Laila, will be 7 soon.  Time sure does fly!  And she already has 2 younger sisters, too!

Every year since Laila was born, I have made her a special card using quilted digi numbers from Beccy's Place.  I'm glad I purchased the whole set, because I think they are retired now.  This year I've used one of Beccy's digis and also one of her tutorials to create this 

Four Fold Card. 

 

 





 

I colored the turtle with markers,  and then fussy cut.  I colored and cut a second head and neck section and then popped the top and glued the bottom to give it some dimension.  Before mailing, I will tuck a $5 bill and two $1 bills behind the blue striped section.  

The Happy Birthday die is from Die-Version and the stamped sentiment is from Stampendous.

 


 Happy Birthday, Laila!

(To see Laila's past birthday cards, click on her Label to the right.)  

 

Challenges I am entering

Krafty Chicks Challenge #545 - Stamp Act

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #398 - Birthdays 

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Put an Animal On It (I used the Cuttlebug for all the die cuts and the embossing.)

Digi Choosday Challenge Week 5 - AG 

Through the Craft Room Door Week of Feb. 2nd - AG 

2 Crafty Critter Crazies February Challenge - AG with an animal 

Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge #78 - AG 

Mix It Up Challenge #46 - AG Fancy Fold

 

Dies R Us Challenge #162 - AG (I used  an Elegant Oval Die from Spellbinders.)

Die Cut Divas Challenge - Fun Fold 

Beccy's Place February Challenge - AG with a BP Image 

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, I know Laila will love it! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun opening this birthday card, fun for all ages. Wonderful fold card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Fold It” challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Debi, seven already?! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. I remember when Laila was born... and just look at her now!
    I'm sure she's going to love the card you created for her, it's fabulous. I love the pretty papers, the colours are wonderful, and you did a great job with the fold. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy
    P.S. Good question about why the card is called a "four fold" when it only has three... I didn't even notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card (and gift) for a 7 year old!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute card. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.