Thursday, March 17, 2022

Just for Fun

 Today I decided to make some cards just for fun rather than for one of the design teams for whom I usually make my cards.  

 In your house, who is generally assigned the task of hiding the Easter eggs for the kiddos to find?  Our Easter bunny has changed over the years.  First my DH did the hiding for our kids.  Then when our first granddaughter arrived my son, who was still living at home, did the honors.  After he married and had a home of his own, I've hidden the Easter eggs.  Now the grandsons are grown and they hide the eggs for the next generation, my great granddaughters.  They also help them find them, which is wonderful.  Half the time I can't find the glasses on my face.  

(That reminds me, I have wash in the dryer to fold.  It'll wait.)

You may be wondering why I am sharing our family Easter bunny history.  Gerda Steiner is having an online Easter Egg Hunt.  Participants make something using a GS design, download and use the special watermark and hide it for the GS design team to find. 

I thought it would be fun.

Here's the card I made:



I'm also going to post it on the SYD March Challenge on the Gerda Steiner blog and on the facebook page.  You can also post whatever you make on instagram, but that's out of my league.


I also entering these challenges:

My Time to Craft Challenge #477 - Animals

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Your Favorite Things   (I printed my bunny on printable glitter paper.  It is awesome when printing digis.  No glitter in your printer!  And you can find it in the stationary section at Wal-Mart.)

2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #60 - AG with a critter


And Just for Fun, I wrote this blog post on the lanai while enjoying a beautiful Florida day.


Thanks for dropping by. 

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I've got some Gerda images printed and ready to colour so I need to get busy! And what a beautiful Florida day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi: thanks for participating in MTTC's animal theme challenge! Your Easter card is great! I love the egg shaped die frames around the bunny, especially the patterned cardstock. --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - sweet card. And sometimes, you have to remember that this was fun first before design teams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. what an amazing work! Love the colours and the cute image!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.