Friday, August 22, 2014

If I can just remember to mail this....

That's the problem when I make cards way ahead of time.... remembering to mail it.  Perhaps I'll stash it with my unpaid bills.  Yes, that would work.  And just what did I make? you might be wondering.  

Well, while my DH switched between the Little League World Series and a preseason Football game last evening, I suddenly knew what I wanted to do with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch this week.  I finished a baby afghan earlier this week (so sorry but I forgot to snap a picture and it was very pretty in a varigated yellow, peachy pink yarn with a double ruffle edged in a deep coral) and am at a loss in front of the TV with nothing to occupy my hands, otherwise I would just sit through the sports.  Last evening I headed to the craft table to work on a card for my DIL's birthday, October 31st.  I got the outside done before bed and finished the inside this morning.  I think it will do nicely, if I remember to send it!

This is a lopsided gate fold card using mostly CTMH stamps and papers.

I've included a spot for a gift card on the left and a place to sign the card on the right.


I made a double bow with ribbon and black netting.

Cuts were made using the CTMH Artiste and Art Philosophy Cricut cartridges.
I am entering this in the challenges below before I head out to Olive Garden for lunch followed by a little unnecesssary shopping (the best kind).
4 Crafty Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Celebrate with Ribbons
Sieze the Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
Hobbybook Designer Challenge - 2 or more Designer Papers
Inky Impressions Challenge #173 - Anything Goes
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Card Mania Challenge #53 - Birthday Party
Craft Your Passion Challenge #226 - Use at least 3 Patterned Papers
Ooh-la-la Creations Challenge #163 - Fancy Folds
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - No Square Cards
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #69

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Halloween birthday card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! The image is perfect for a Halloween Birthday. Great take on sketch. Thank you for joining Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this card, Debi ! That birthday sentiment inside is wonderful. Great coloring on the image. I have my first Halloween image colored, but have yet to get it turned into a card. Of course, I just got home in the wee hours of this morning so... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, the inside is fabulous!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is going to love this.. I love the lopsided gate card.. what an amazing card... thanks for joining the AHSC..
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing with us this week at Whoopsi Daisy’s No Squares Challenge! This is beautiful! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't figure out how to reply to your comment on my Christmas cards, but I would love to get your address and send you one. This is a great card by the way. Love the layout and layers. I may have to copy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, and super creative ! thanks for joining us at AHSC this week !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card love the lopsided gatefold and perfect image,paper and the font on the sentiment-thank you for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Halloween birthday card! Love all the details!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So impressed with this. Love that you included the spot for the gift card - so perfect. Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design inside and out.Just love all the details and how clever to combine the Halloween theme with your daughter's birthday.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fold you have used for this card- and that baby afghan sounds beautiful too by the way! Thanks for joining us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun....and this is perfect for those with birthday's on Halloween....which I have 2....my grandmother and her sister, yes they are twins......how cool is that. Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, your blog name made me giggle like crazy...that's my excuse for buying just every little thing I see, everywhere I go! Hilarious! Your card is just amazing! Love your image and sentiment and those little bats are wonderful! Love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. georgious!! I love that witch stamp!! thanks for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! I love the Wicked stamp set, it is one of my favourites! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Halloween and Birthday! Great card! Thanks for playing with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun card - I love the image and those little bats! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you did this as a gate fold card! Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this card! I really love making Halloween cards (even though I never send them! LOL). Really great job! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, thank you so much for sharing with us at the Hobbybook Designer Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this - thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenge, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.