Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday Throwdown Mellow Yellow

My DT card was almost finished.  But it just needed "something".  
I decided to punch some flowers in the bottom corner of the card.  Big mistake.  That punch latched onto the paper and just wasn't letting go! 
Good thing I keep this baby close by.  Just one good smack and it opened right up.

Card saved!

The challenge theme this week at Tuesday Throwdown is Mellow Yellow.
Your projects need to be mostly yellow.  
Our very generous sponsor for this challenge is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and more.  
The Robyn's Fetish digi I used is called Over da wall Puppy.

It reminds me of Freckles, a mixed breed dog I bought for 27 cents when I was a teen.  He was the smartest dog.  Each Thursday a local butcher visited our house in his meat truck and he always had a bone for Freckles.  Before stopping at our house, the butcher made a stop at a house down the hill.  You could easily see his truck in their driveway from our front yard.   

I had trained Freckles not to leave our yard, and he never  did. There were no invisible fences or electronic collars 50 years ago.  I walked that dog around and around our property line until he knew the boundaries and stayed inside them.  

Now on a Thursday we would say to Freckles, "The butcher's coming. The butcher's coming."    He would head for the corner of the front yard and wait for that truck, never budging, for as long as it took.  When the butcher's truck came into view, Freckles came to attention, watching and waiting as the neighbor got her meats, never leaving his post.  At last the truck would begin to back out of the drive and turn to come to our house.  Freckles would race to the lower part of our yard, no further, and run up the yard beside the butcher truck, leaping first off a 3 ft. wall heading down the yard and then back up over the wall  to meet the butcher and collect his bone at the front sidewalk.  

Getting back to business....

I hope you'll visit the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog to see the other wonderful projects my teammates have made to inspire you and the Robyn's Fetish shop to see all the fab things available there.  We'd love for you to join us for Challenge #207 - Mellow Yellow.


9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Great card and design. Good think you had your mallet handy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT card Deb! I love the dimension you created with the cut out layers and the little punched flowers look so pretty! What a cool story about your Freckles, he was a very smart dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to smile at your post. Been there, done that! Why is it the LAST thing you do to a card that creates a problem. Yesterday I had to recycle all the parts of a card, LOL. TFS!

    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute is that, Debi! I feel your pain - happens to me all the time. Something always goes wrong at the end! LOL.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous fix on the punch, Debi! I have to get one of those. :-D Gorgeous little flowers, too. Can you believe this was the first Robyn's Fetish image I ever used, way back when I first joined the team at Tuesday Throwdown. I still love it and have used it several more times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love this card- fantastic use of the digi : ) I love the flower and perfect touch with that sticky punch- so glad that mallet worked for you- cool accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great card! I just love that little puppy!! Hilarious about the hammer, I've been in the same spot with those horrible sticky punches, I threw mine on the floor!! Love the bakers twine, perfect accent! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have punches that do that too, LOL! They do look great on your card. Your image is very cute! Nice creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and adorable! Love the beautiful colors and floral layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.