Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spring Fold Card

When I print digital images, I generally print several at a time in case I decide to fussy cut and pop a section for dimension.  The ones I don't use go into a box and, right now, several envelopes.  I definitely need a bigger box or I need to use the extras.  Sometimes I have a problem because I don't know who designed the digi to give them credit on my post.  I've been trying to remember to make a note on the backs, trying is the operative word.  (This particular cup is from Eureka stamps. and is available in rubber and digi.  The sentiment is from a SU set.  'Steam' bling and handmade flowers are thanks to CTMH.)  After coloring I clear embossed the cup several times to give it the look of china and then fussy cut it to pop on the front of this card. I placed a small velcro dot on the card base and the triangle section adjoining it so the card would stay in this position for display. 
I made a small pocket on the back of the card to enclose a tea bag.
Challenges I am entering today are:

As You Like It Challenge - Favorite 2 Embellishments and Why  (My favorite embellishments are crystal gems, because of their shine and versatility, and bows, because you can make them from so many things and they add dimension.)
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #99 - Celebration with Ribbon (I'm celebrating friendship.)
Moving Along with the Times Challenge - Feeling a Little Vintage

Southern Girls Challenge - It's all about Texture
Hobbybook Designer Challenge - 2 or more designer paper  (These are fabric papers which I just love on this card.  Thanks, Sybilla, for giving them to me.)
The Paper Shelter Challenge #170 - Lace
Craft-Dee Bowz August Challenge - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
Eureka Stamps Challenge #103 - Inspirational
Ooh-la-la Creations Challenge #163 - Fancy Folds
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge #48 - Anything Goes option/Vintage


**********************
Would you like to see the cards we made at Joyce's CTMH card workshop on Tuesday using the August Stamp of the Month set?  
Hoot! Hoot! here they are:

We used the new CTMH papers that just became available 8/1.  
 Don't you just love the purple stripe?  It's called confetti wishes.

16 comments:

  1. Such great looking card with the tea / coffee cup. It looks really brilliant and I love the pretty bow you had made in lace too. Thanks so much for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, your card is so pretty. What a great design.Beautiful papers. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this charming card, Debi! Wonderful idea embossing the dp. I'm always so impressed with how that looks and the great texture it adds, but I forget to do it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi what a beautiful card and a great fold.

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator




    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your embellishes choice Debi. Great card shape, must try this version, love how it springs up. Thanks for sharing with us on AYLI. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The owl cards are simply adorable, but your spring fold card is my cup of tea (pun intended). This is a wonderful fold that I don't think I've seen before. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the embossing and the idea of the spring fold card. Thanks for joining us this week for our inspirational challenge.
    Karal DT for Eureka Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debi, this card is gorgeous. I love the image and the fold of the card. Thank you for joining us at Eureka Stamp Challenge this week.

    Peggy T.
    Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Debi - Congrats! I just saw that you won over at Eureka Stamps! Well deserved - this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card !! Wonderful details !! Love it ..

    Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter challenge this week!
    Good Luck!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. The spring card is amazing! The card is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge, best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful done, and great colors!

    Thanx for joining us at The Paper Shelter
    Hope to see you back next time!

    Hugs 
    Eva Gro
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Great shape and very pretty details. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a lovely card, pretty papers, thanks for joining us at OLL
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card, Debi, love all the detail here, thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations, best of luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.