Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sunflowers

My cousin grows the most beautiful sunflowers.  Rows and rows of sunflowers.  Our family reunion was this past Sunday and she had vases and vases of her beautiful flowers on the tables in her parents barn where the reunion was held.  But missing from the day was her mother's sunny face.  She was resting inside due to the cancer treatments she's been receiving.  So if you're speaking to the man upstairs, please remember Shirley in your prayers.

I've made this card to send to her.  Hope it cheers her a bit.

   I wish you could see the sparkle from the shimmer mist I sprayed on the popped image and sentiment, digis from Pattie's Creations Designs.

Inside of card with stamped sentiment from Great Impressions.
When I entered a card in Pattie's Creations Monochromatic Challenge #97 earlier this week, I realized I hadn't used nay of her images in a while.  This image was a perfect fit for the card I wanted to make and by just using yellow I can also enter it in Pattie's Challenge. 

By turning the current sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch #68 Challenge on its side I had a great layout for the card.

And I'm also entering these challenges:
Crafty Creations Challenge #269 - Flower Power
Divas by Design Challenge - So Charming (The little envelope charm says "made with love" on the back.)
The Paper Shelter Challenge # 169- Punches and Dies (I've used both.)
Penny's Challenge #190 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #145 - Anything Goes
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge - Black and White +1 (yellow) (My dies are a few years old.)
Craft Your Passion Challenge #226 - Bring Me Sunshine!
Crafty Boots Challenge - Flowers
Eureka Stamps Challenge #102 - Things with Wings
Squigglefly Challenge #32 - Isn't that charming?
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #219 - Decorate your card inside and out

25 comments:

  1. Hi, Debi. Love the card and will keep Shirley in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fall card, Debi, and I love your corner punch! I'm adding Shirley to my prayer list, my friend. Great take on that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and that charm is too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at the Squigglefly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love the striking yellow against the black. I love the butterfly on the sunflower too. So beautiful. Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the yellow and black. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Debi! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog (kathybydesign.com) during the RRR blog hop. You left such a lovely comment that I had to come over and take a peek at some of your creations. I just love this sunflower card. They are favorites of mine, and always bring so much cheer. I like the way you embossed the background and added that sweet butterfly. I'm sure it will lift Shirley's heart. I pray she recovers her strength and is able to enjoy life again soon. Thanks again for the lovely comment! kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing in our "Monochromatic" Challenge #97 and for using one of Pattie's Creations Digital Images!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card love your image diecuts. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love black, yellow, and white together. Love the take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Your sister is going to love it. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really lovely card - I love yellow and black as a colour combination its so striking, and great detail both inside and out, perfect for our challenge at Sentimental Sundays. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very lovley card, and I am sure it will brighten Shirley's day. Thank you for sharing with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card.... great colourcombination!
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPS and good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunflowers are such beautiful flowers. The butterfly on your card looks fabulous as alights on your sunflower, a really lovely card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous job, I love that your turned the design to the side. Love the butterfly and sunflower. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous colour, so bright and sunny x Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cheerful! I hope it helped your friend! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card, and sending good thoughts! Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. Love the yellow and black combination. It will for sure brighten Shirley's day.
    Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card would make anyone smile even when going through the toughest of times. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful, bright and cheerful card! Thanks for playing with AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card and thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter blog.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.