Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Masculine Card

I just couldn't wait another minute to use this embossing folder which I found in a clearance bin. 

I inked up the folder with blue denim ink before embossing the gray CS and then distressed the edges.
 I added a piece of blue CS behind one of the folder images that was on the product packaging and centered it on the card.  I must admit that the first time I inked and embossed the CS,
 it didn't get the way I wanted it to.  So I cut the very center design out of the reject piece and added that. 
(I saved the rest of the reject for another card, of course.) Then I cut the center from the second image on the packaging, added a tiny silver brad in the center, and popped it onto the card. 
Finally, I stamped a simple 'thinking of you' (a CTMH stamp)at the bottom. 

There were 2 embossing folders in the package.  I'm still ruminating about how to use the second one.


 

3 comments:

  1. This looks stunning! Simple, yet very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever and creative use of the packaging, Debi! I love doing things like that myself and am always so impressed when I see others doing similar things. Great inspiration and lovely card. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.