Thursday, June 11, 2020

Crazy Bird Father's Day Card

Yesterday I cut a Father's Day sentiment on the cricut.  
It was too big for my side fold card. 
Then I cut a second one that fit on the card (see previous post)
 and was left with the first one I had cut and the remainder of the piece of foil paper.  If you stop by regularly, you know that I don't like scraps.  I try to find a use for everything.
Luckily, the first sentiment I cut would fit on a top fold card.
The leftover foil was looking a bit crinkled.  Easy fix.  I just put it 
in an embossing folder and crinkled it in a pattern.  
I decided to pair the blue foil with a neon green card base.
I added the matching green bakers twine across the top, 
but it still needed something....
That's when the very dapper, green plaid crazy bird entered the scene.  Works for me!

Challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge #253 - AG + a sentiment
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - something metallic 
Simon Says Monday Challenge - It's a Man Thing
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Dad Is Best (I used the cuttlebug to emboss the top and bottom panels)
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh this card is so cute. I need to dig out my crazy birds again. I love your card. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Always Fun Challenge)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.