Monday, July 20, 2020

Catch the Bug Christmas in July Day 3

ABC - Anything But a Card
That's the challenge for Day 3 of this fun event.

There was a time that I started my Christmas shopping in the summer and was finished by Thanksgiving.  
Now I start making gift card holders in the summer instead.
I used a Bugaboo image of Frosty, Santa, and Rudolph 
for this gift card holder.  This trio is so fun and easy to color.

Papers and inside sentiment are from CTMH.
Here are the challenges I am entering:
Always Fun Challenge #172 - Anything But a Card 


If you read yesterday's blog post, I was on the way to watch our grandson play in a baseball  tournament.  It was a very, very hot day.  We were lucky to find a parking spot on the hill above the ballfield and could watch the games (3 altogether, 1:00, 3:15, and 6:15) from the car with the AC on.  Our boys finished 2nd in the tournament and this proud nana did not melt.  (I was really glad I wasn't taking one of those sweaty 15 year olds home with me.)

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for the gift cards. I'll have to remember to do something like this for my family this year. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug CIJ challenge today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun creation, two gifts in one! So glad you joined us for our Christmas Characters Challenge at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gift card holders are so handy. I see that as my nephews grow up money and gift cards are what’s on their wishlist. And a homemade gift card holder makes such a gift much more personal. Yours is beautifully made. Thanks for joining our Christmas in July event at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thank you so much for playing along at my Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card. .Thanks for joining us for this Christmas in July Challenge - good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great gift card holder. love the inside!
    Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design. The gift card holder element is a lot of fun. Please note that to be eligible for our prize, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.