Friday, December 18, 2020

Recycling Christmas Card Pieces

 With a lot of time at home this year, I went through old cards I had saved for salvageable pieces.  Many of my Christmas cards had bits from those old cards.  I am particularly happy with this card.  



Last year, when I received a card with these peacock themed ornaments, I knew that I'd be reusing them for my BFF's card this year.  She has quite a group of peacocks that nest in her front tree. I love making cards for her because I know she appreciates the time I put into them and it's like sending a bit of love from PA across the US to her in AZ.

The aqua blue glittery background was also recycled from one of last year's cards.  I wonder if a certain crafty friend of mine will see and recognize it.

The inside sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up. 

The outside Merry Christmas Die is from Paper Smooches.        Upon viewing the photo,  I noticed the die cut was crooked.  Luckily, I was able to lift and straighten it.

Challenges:

Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Non traditional Christmas Colors;  A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge #130 - AG; C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #581 - Christmas; As You Like It Challenge - Favorite person to create for (family or friend) and why


7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, I love the colors! Beautiful recycled designs! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Debi, and perfect for our color challenge! Love your innovation! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is really beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is stunning!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend does love it! We are down to only three peafowl. Our Bumble passed away and I am thinning the flock. Without our ground bound peahen, the flock mates that have no personality at all are going to be a nuisance come breeding season. Fortunately, we have a neighbor that will re-home those we can catch. Now catching peafowl is not for the faint hearted! But I am trying! I certainly will add this reminder of the beautiful birds to my keepsakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining in with the Family or Friend AYLI challenge. Your make is gorgeous and we really appreciate you taking the time to enter. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.