Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Circus Peanuts

For some odd reason, when I printed up this digi stamp from Bugaboo it made me think of those orange marshmallow circus peanuts that are 200% sugar but so yummy they are addictive.    I have fond memories of my son and I totally decimating a bag of those wonderful sweet treats in record time.   And since I couldn't get the thought of that sugar out of my head (I must have been hungry) I printed the image in orange so I could paper piece Dad and Son making them into scrumptious calorie laden but fat free circus nuts.  Now that I'm thinking about it........ I could make another card to give to my son for Father's Day with a bag a nice fresh bag of circus peanuts.   And I'll buy an extra bag for me.  (That will help me fit in my bathing suit. Not!!!)
For now, here's the Father's Day Card I made.  Guess it could be used as a birthday card too, depending on what you put inside, or just a card to tell Dad you love him. 

Since this is a Bugaboo digi, I am entering this in  Bugaboo Stamp's Catch the Bug Challenge - June Anything Goes, 
as well as the following:
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Father's Day/Masculine
Perfect Sentiments Challenge #82 - Father's Day
The Stamping Chef Challenge - For Dad
Anything Goes Challenge #94 - Father's Day
Creative Craft Challenges2 Challenge #11 - For the Fellas
Partytime Tuesdays #123 - Happy Father's Day
Sweet Stamps Challenge - For Dad
Love to Create Challenge #68 - Father's Day
Melonheadz Friends Challenge - Father's Day
My Craft Spot Challenge #100 - Dad
Ladybug Crafts June Challenge - For the Men in Your Life
The Crafting Cafe - One For the Boys
Craft Lovin Challenge - Father's Day
Creative Corner Challenge #21 - Boy oh Boy 
Wags n Whiskers Challenge #105 - Father's Day
Delightful Weekly Challenge - For Dad
Papercrafting Journey Challenge - Masculine Cards
The Old Back Porch - 52 Card Pick Up 2.22 Challenge


28 comments:

  1. What a Sweet Card, it reminds me of those Circus Peanuts too (one of my husbands favorites). Thanks for joining us in this week's blog challenge at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love the matching colours on your card~ The sentiment is super cute too! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Card Crew DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card and I love the story behind your inspiration. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Cheers from Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the layout & that border looks great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Perfect Sentiment & Delightful Chalelnges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe this challenge!
    Claire xx
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too too cute. The image and the saying are awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Those "nuts" are too cute! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! What a darling image! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card love the peanuts. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweetstamps be sure to join in on the next one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a lovely card like wise does remind me of the peaunuts at the circus. Thank you so much for sharing your loving creation with us at SweetStamps. Good luck
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful & funny Card. Great Design! Perfect through and through. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debi,

    First of all let me say I can't believe I use to eat those orange peanuts so full of sugar ... lol. Your card is adorable. I'm sure the recipient will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card - it's so cute! I have to confess, though, that I have seen, but never eaten, one of those orange peanut candies. Are they really that good??? I might have to try one out... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Debi :-) I love this image ,, soooo cute !! The colours and whole design is perfect :-)
    I have never had those candies but will have to try ro find some ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! Great card Debi & a great story too!
    Thanks so much for playing at The Crafting Cafe in our Here Come The Boys Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is darling. It sure put a smile on my face. Thanks for joinning us at Catch The Bug.
    Nancy CTB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very fun card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: For the Fellas
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great male card and a really fun image. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute card, Debi. Thanks for joining us in this weeks Anything Goes challenge at Catch The Bug! hope you'll join us again this week.

    :) Becky Givans
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute! Love the circus peanuts...happens to be one of my dad's favorite treats! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sooo cute & clever. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, that is so awesome. Not just for manly fathers day cards, but for "cute" category as well. I love the fathers day quotes you used... Being nuts. LOL

    Cheers!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is so adorable, I love the images and the sentiment too! So glad you played along with us at The Crafting Café challenge.
    xx Ria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.