Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thank you Michelle

The other day I asked Michelle Perkett if she had ever considered adding a fancy feathered hat to her digi images.  And today on Michelle's blog, she has posted a lovely feathered hat.   
Thank you so much, Michelle!  
I just couldn't wait to use it.  
The Muse Challenge posted  their new challenge card yesterday
 
and I thought it would be perfect for the hat, or for 3 hats.  I reduced the digi  image to 40%, copied it 3 times and printed it up.  I love how you can do that with digis. I scored the white CS above and below the hats, colored them with alcohol markers, added some bling, the ribbon and a sentiment.  Voila! 


(The dark plum paper is showing up awfully blue on my computer screen, and the flowers are a light mauve.)  And I think that ribbon might need a hat pin.  What do you think?)

I will be entering this in the following challenges (after I make dinner):
Muse Challenge # 20 (see Muse card above)

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #184 - The Cafe Presents 'Smoke & Sky'
 

Robyn's Fetish Challenge - #162 - Use a Digi

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #104 - No Patterned Paper

Craft Your Passion Challenge #165 - Haberdashery Items


8 comments:

  1. Debi, your card is so cute, I love it and I'm so happy you are using it, thank you so much for the suggestion!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! You did a great job with the coloring! Thanks for joining us this week for the Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card! It reminded me of the lovely poem by Jenny Joseph - "When I'm Old, I shall Wear Purple ..." Such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your card just the way it is. The hat image is adorable and I love the repetition. Great colour choices. The matting and gorgeous ribbon really emphasize the colours on the hats. Awesome use of white space to show them off. Thanks for playing along with our Haberdashery Items challenge this week at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOvely work... I wouldn't change it at all. It's wonderful to see you at The Play Date Cafe this week, thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet CAS card Debi !! Thanks for playing at Robyns Fetish this week !!

    Good luck sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the image and the scored lines enhance them beautifully.Perfectly colour coordinated card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice! simple and stylish!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.