Thursday, June 20, 2013

Same digi 3 different ways

I wanted to try some of the techniques I've learned in stamping but using a digi image.  I started with an image called small flower cluster from A Creative Need.  Then I resized it a couple times and printed a page of different sized digis which I used for these 3 cards:

 

The first card I made with the Link up for Pink Challenge #14 in mind. You could choose from a sketch, inspiration photo, or both.  I kind of tried to do both. 
 


The second card I made with Flutterby Wednesday Challenge #245 in mind.   This was a sketch challenge.  I made inchies with the digi image.
 
And since it has 3 butterflies and 3 inchies I'll also enter it in the Glitter and Sparkle Challenge #37.






 



For the third card I fussy cut the images and popped them in layers on a punched circle before adding it to the card.  I used a new embossing folder on the background DP.   Next to paper,  embossing folders are my favorite craft item because they easily add great texture.  With that in mind, this card is my entry in this week's LEJ Designs Challenge #58 and the Digi Makeover Challenge #93  Punches and Dies.

 

10 comments:

  1. Love all three, but especially the inchie one! Clever to use the same image and then resizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, I love how you used the same image on three cards! BEAUTIFUL creations with lots of details. I do like each one with the colors and embellishments, but my favorite is the Happy Anniversary with the black and white background - how STRIKING! Colors and flowers look gorgeous. Just beautiful, Debi. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi these are gorgeous!! How clever to use inchies and I LOVE the fussy cut layered flowers on your beautifully embossed background! 3 for 3 on this one! Thanks so much for using my ACN image in these lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Love your projects...
    Thanks for playing with us at Digi Makeover this week.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your third card is beautiful and ideal for our theme. love the gorgeous paper you have embossed with that gorgeous inage ontop. the mix of colours is wonderful and very striking.

    Thank you so much for entering challenge #58 'add some texture' over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog. I really hope you will join us for more of our future weekly challenges....

    Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards and love how you used our sketch this week..
    Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three of your cards are gorgeous, and your take on this week's sketch at Flutter By Wednesday is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you cut the first card. I am very glad you entered this week at LUFP. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. Remember to get the girls checked and remind a friend! :-) Together we can beat Breast Cancer!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Link Up For Pink DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic stamping!! I love the images. Thanks you for entering Link Up for Pink Challenge 14 and hope to see more of your beautiful creations here. Good luck in the draw!

    Hugs
    Joanie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.