Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Morning Beauty

Wasn't it nice of this butterfly to spread his wings for a photo?  
The butterflies certainly are enjoying my zinnias this year.
If you want to see some beautiful cards, check out the Design Team inspiration cards at 
That's where I got the color combo for my Monday Mojo card below.
And I think the sketch at Mojo Monday is also a beauty today.
 
I did turn it around a bit so you could read the words on the little banners, pieces of an old report card.  I thought it appropriate for a wonderful young teacher who is having a birthday at the end of the month.

I wish I had embossed the 'Happy Birthday' so it popped a bit more.  Maybe I'll be brave and go back and do that.  Best put my glasses on first!  
And now that I look at it, I might add a swirl of black gems, too.
Am I the only one who does that -  post a card, and then go back and change it up???

I'm entering this in:
 
A Gem of a Challenge #93 - Punch It Out  (I punched it out all right!  I used a McGill punch for the patterned aqua circle and had to push so hard I put the heel of my hand right through the plastic on the top of the punch.  Not such a good thing.)
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #197 - Die Cuts and Punches
As You Like It Challenge #8 - Favorite Ribbon or Twine and why  (I love the sheer ribbons.  They make a great bow and are light and feminine.)
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #57 - 3 of something (flowers, brads, banners)


Have a wonderful day crafting away!

 

9 comments:

  1. Yes, it WAS very nice of him to do that, Debi - beautiful photography, and a lovely card. Great take on the sketch! I like how you chose the pretty colors in the butterfly as inspiration for your pretty card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photograph of the zinnias and butterfly. I love the embossing folder you used on your card, and the subtle monochromatic blues you chose, Deb. What a fabulous bow! I love this card just the way it is and I hope you don't make any changes. Sometimes, Less is more. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw just gorgeous ribbon and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at AS You Like It Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch. Your card turned out beautifully! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great papers and design! I love those sweet blooms and the banners! Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous die cuts, gorgeous card.... love your layout and design.

    Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, great colours. Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee's challenge blog with our Birthday Challenge Hugs Txx DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful, thanks for playing along at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.