Friday, August 9, 2013

Using some cricut scraps


I love scraps.  I just can't bear throwing paper away.  If you read my blog regularly (if you don't, why not become a follower?), you've seen all kinds of 'scrappy' cards.  My friend Joyce always has a pile of very interesting scraps and I often come home from her card workshops with a little something from her trash.  Often what I find looks something like this:


 A negative sheet of cardstock from which tags, circles or other objects have been cut.

Thanks to the new Artbooking cricut cartridge that Close to My Heart has just released, Joyce's scraps have changed.   Here is a new layout she just posted on her blog using the new cartridge:

When she cut this layout, she very graciously gave me the scraps which looked like this:


I used them to make this background:


I added a few doilies I cut using the CTMH Artiste cricut cartridge, did a little stamping, distressing and embossing, and finished it off with ribbon and bow.


Now I'm going to submit it to the following challenges:
The Perfect Sentiment Challenge #86 - Use Your Favorite Technique (working with scraps and embossing)
Brown Sugar Challenge #54 - Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts August Challenge - Something Floral
Emma's Crafty Challenge #19 - Floral
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #56 - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Delightful Challenges  - Make it Pop
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge # 107 - Embossing
ABC Challenge #39 - Monochromatic
Creative Creations Challenge #16 - MonochromaticPenny's Paper Crafty Challenge #139 - Dry Embossing
Divas by Design Challenge - Bingo (I used embossing, die cuts, and flowers)












15 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful, striking card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever. But at the rate that Joyce is cutting layouts, you are going to have a lot of "scraps" to use on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fantastic, love the striking colour combo and fab background made with those scraps, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my kind of scrap usage, Deb! What an incredible background you put together. Loving the pink and black combo and that bow is marvelous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woe what a perfect way to use the scraps the background looks fantastic.


    Thanks for playing at Brown Sugar, good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea with the background. Your card is very striking!

    Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenges Monochromatic Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the recycling & the colour combo is fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Perfect Sentiment & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhhhhhhhh.............I LOVE your card! The contrast is fabulous. When I see projects like this, I regret selling my Cricut. Thanks for joining us for this weeks Digital Delights by Louby Loo Challenge♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto to what I said above-LOL! This is one fab card! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Creative Creations Challenges♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining our Make it Pop Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome, love how you used up those scraps! Thanks for playing along with us and I hope you will join us again! www.abcchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of scraps to make the background on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Perfect Sentiment this week
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, thank you for joining in at Emma's crafty challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something a bit different. I really like how you created the background. Great work! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire your patients gluing all the bits on, great effect and effort well done, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.