Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ouch, that hurt!

I whacked my little toe on the nightstand while making the bed yesterday morning!  Must be why I have back and blue on my mind.   It does make a pretty color combination for making cards.






This card follows the sketch and is my entry for the current Avery Elle AEI 'heart' U August Challenge.
 
The framed sentiment on this card is a free digi from Avery Elle which I printed and fussy cut.  After masking the inside oval, I used a dauber to color the outer frame.  To make the patterned background paper, I inked the inside of the embossing folder before inserting the paper and running it through my Cuttlebug.  I hope you can see the strip of black self-adhesive glitter tape I added to the embossed black strip.  It took me about 5 minutes to get the backing off that tape!

With the right inside sentiment, I'm thinking I'll use this as an Anniversary card.   But I think it would make a nice birthday card, too. 

I'm also submitting this to the following challenges:
ABC Challenge #41 - Lots of Layers
Make It Monday #154 - Always Anything Goes
Stamp and Create August Challenge - Glitter
Glitter and Sparkle Challenge #46 - Anything but Square
HobbyCutz Challenge #13 - Make your own background
Pile It On #33 - No Designer Paper
Robyn's Fetish #173 - Put a Frame around It

By the way, I added embossing and gems to yesterday's Mojo card.  What do you think?


Off to Joyce's card workshop today.  I'll post our cards tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish add a frame challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! sorry about your toe, Debi, but maybe you should hurt yourself more often! LOL These cards are GORGEOUS! My favorite is the top one - so elegant and soft. Just lovely. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards.

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this time.

    Susan

    PS hope your toe is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful creation. Love your use of the theme: Anything but a square . Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Hugs Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and lovely use of colour thank you for joining us at glitter n sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the embossing
    Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo pretty, love your background! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.