Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sparkle N Sprinkle May Challenge

Next Sunday is Mother's Day.  
My mother and I just made our plans for the day.  We will be busting up boxes and cleaning out a section of her basement where she got 4" of water the other day.  
Sounds like fun, huh?
But the garbage gets put out Sunday night, so unless something better comes along that's the plan.
Actually we celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday with a female only family luncheon.  It will be our 20th one.  More on that another time.
I've made this Mother's Day Card to enter in the Sparkle n Sprinkle May Challenge.

I won the digi image in one of their challenges a while ago.  The lace is very old seam binding I found in my stash.  I dumped all my feathers on the floor so I could sort out the tiniest ones for on the hat along with some more lace.  Then I added buttercup liquid pearl centers to the tiny flowers on the hat after they were colored and a pin from my sewing supplies.

To make the glitter frame, I simply cut a 3" square piece of white cardstock.  I put a strip of 1/4" wide score tape all the way around the outside of the square.  Then I rubbed ultra fine white glitter onto the tape.  The sentiment was from a freebie sheet in one of my magazines.  

I am also entering this in the following:
613 Avenue Create Challenge #70 - Anything Goes with optional twist - Ba Da Bling 
Alphabet Challenge - f for feathers
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge #16 - Happy Mother's Day

 
 


12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Debi, and great for either Mother's Day or Red Hat Society. :-D Beautiful lace and I adore the tiny feathers. What a delightful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The feathers in the hat are perfect! Love that glitter frame too - I am going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sweet card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the purple and red.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats a v lovable card.... so many pretty details - feathers, background, lace. The idea of an all women lunch sounds like fun. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love that hat.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Love the background and that image is one of my favorites. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Congrats on being a SNS Featured Artist this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. The image is give the card a regal and sophisticated look. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a terrific card with that red hat lady. Love the vintage lace behind the image, and wonderful touch to add the feathers & hatpin. TFS & Hugs. Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very stylish!!!

    Thanks for joining our feather challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the day went well - it would have started well with that card - beautiful! Betcha talked up a storm!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there, Debi! You are not only a Featured Artist over at SNS - you also won a prize! WTG!!! Congrats and have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.