Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #195


Sweet n Sassy Stamps is the sponsor of this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.  
Korin, the owner, and her gals were set up right across from us at the Stamping Show in Oaks, PA last week.  They have great clear stamps, die cuts, templates and digi stamps like the Bluebird Digital Stamp I've used on my DT card below.  Sweet n Sassy also has a fun blog and weekly challenge.  This week they are looking for something with spots.  That would be easy to combine with our Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #195 - Sweet n Sassy with Spring Blossoms.
 
The DP I've used is the second sheet of Graphic 45 paper I purchased at the show.  I was showing great self restraint by purchasing only 2 sheets, which is why I cut out a rectangle of the DP that's behind the image so I can use it on another card.  I fussy cut around the bird's head and put just a bit of foam tape beneath it.  The rest of the image is glued flat on the card.  The ribbon and bling flourish are both from CTMH, the sentiment is SNS and I colored the image with a combination of markers and colored pencils.

Please stop by the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge to see the other wonderful creations made by the rest of Team B and also Sweet n Sassy Designs to see the wonderful array of products available.  They have some great sales, so make sure you get on their email list! 

And don't forget to join in the fun at both challenges!!



Unfortunately, I can't play in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge since I'm on the DT.  And I didn't find out until yesterday that the Sweet n Sassy Challenge theme was dots and spots, so I'll need to make another card for that one.  Instead I'll enter this in a few other challenges:
Scribble and Scrap Challenge #18 - Always Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts May Challenge - Use your favorite embellishments  (Gems and ribbons)
Polkadoodle Challenge Week 18 - Something Old (ribbon) Something New (flourish and DP)
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Fur or Feathers and Why (Feathers.  I love feeding and watching birds.)
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Mother's Day  (I made this for my mother for Mother's Day.  I've seen her twice and forgotten to give it to her both times! Duh!)


17 comments:

  1. The background paper and digi are a perfect match! LOVE it, Debi. Have a lovely week!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and I love how you've colored the bird. Beautiful patterned paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring, Debi, and I love the paper that matches the image so well. Wonderful little bow! Now, I have to put on another DT hat and thank you for playing along at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty!!! Love that image.. gorgeous coloring!! Absolutely love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty coloring of the image and the dp looks really wonderful with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the way you have colored the bird and flowers. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful image, Debi, and gorgeous paper!
    Thank you for joining us at the Ladybug Crafts Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card and love the papers and great image. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles for our Something Old/Something New challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card, thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.
    Stella xx
    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely card, the colouring is spot on love it, ,Thanks for joining OMCF for our fortnightly challenge hope to see you here for the next one,Good Luck Pam DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooops, when I was here before I overlooked the fact that you had also entered this fab card in the challenge at Scribble & Scrap so now I'm back with my other DT hat on to say thanks so much for playing. :-D NC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh waw this looks so cute and pretty! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhhh wow that's totally gorgeous! Just adore the great DP it's just perfect for this image!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable creation! Great colors. Perfect for our ribbon challenge at Open Minded Crafting. Thanks for playing. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. Love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.