Saturday, May 24, 2014

Waterfall Card


I made a waterfall card for Carol's birthday earlier this week and forgot to take a photo.  Therefore, I had no choice but to make another to share with you. 





Waterfall cards look much harder than they really are.  I followed directions from Splitcoast Stampers located here to get the exact folding measurements.  I used an old Repeat Impressions stamp for the cake and sentiment.  The colors and lack of frilly embellishments make this a good male card and very 'mail'able.

Today my June Issue of Quick Cards arrived in my mailbox.  Featured on the front cover are Amazing Waterfalls.  My guess is that we'll be seeing a lot of these on blogs and in challenges for a few weeks, just like the Box Cards that were recently popular.  If you don't subscribe to Quick Cards, this might be a good issue to pick up at the craft store.  There is a freebie package of Kraft Confetti paper with matching vellum
borders that is adorable and so summery which comes with this issue.

Today, I am entering this Waterfall card in the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. Great card, love the waterfall technique. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waterfall cards and you're right they are not as hard as they look, but they sure are pretty :-) I love how you cake goes through the steps from icing to lit candles - very fun and clever idea :-)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Lena – DT Member
    xxx
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for our Birthday celebration Debi, thanks for joining in the fun at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with your waterfall card, mine never work!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz Action challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Debi, what a fantastic waterfall card! I've never done one and they do look complicated. The only one I ever tried just didn't 'fall' -- lol. This one is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! The cake image is perfect for the waterfall design and I love the chevron background paper. I'm so glad you shared your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful waterfall card, loving the cakes for the birthday greetings. I am a lover of waterfall cards and am so pleased to see them making a comeback. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Debi! I have not made a waterfall card - I still haven't made the pop-up box card yet either but it's on my list LOL. So many card styles I want to try - you are so adventurous and I love seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great waterfall card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Design perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge one for the guy's little or big, thank you for sharing with us...
    we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is gorgeous! That's one type of card that I haven't made yet... I'm in awe when I see one however!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Wags ‘n whiskers. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great waterfall card! Love the bright colours and the glitter on the cake! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute and wonderful idea for a birthday card! Love the bright, cheery colors. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect birthday card and the image you used is great for waterfall cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very clever and attractive card. Thanks for sharing it at Penny's this week.
    Cheers Nicole DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the yummy cakes on your waterfall card

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great project! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and participating in our fifth anniversary challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.