Thursday, September 10, 2020

For Dad Fishing Card

I seem to be "hooked" on making cards For Dad right now.  They are for my cousin's Dad's birthday and I like to give her a small selection.  And, I have a feeling, her brother will use one, too.

This fabulous fishing themed paper was in my stash.

I cased the design of the card from one I saw on Pinterest.  Considering I couldn't find a tutorial for measurements, I think it got pretty good.  

The tag is a die cut from Paper Sweeties.  Before distressing, I stamped around the edges with a SU fish hook stamp and added the For You, Dad from the same SU set. 
 


This is the second pocket I made and is just a quarter inch wider than the first one.  With that little bit of extra width and by adhering it to the shirt with 1/8" red line tape on the edges of both sides and the bottom, the pocket will hold a gift card, while the tag slips through the piece across the top.

Thanks for visiting.

 

Challenges:

Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #130 - Buttons/and or Bows; Crafty Creations September Challenge #413 - AG; Through the Craft Room Door Challenge for week of September 8th - AG; Crafty Hazelnut's September Patterned Paper Challenge - AG; Seize the Birthday Challenge #199 - Die Cuts (tag die is from Paper Sweeties)


6 comments:

  1. A great card,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your card, sadly it does not fit into our challenge. We look forwarad to seeing you again at Cardz 4 Galz. It is a great design though and I love the pocket. Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Dad card! That shirt is fabulous. thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Hugs
    Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT Crazy Craft Corner{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant design!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.