Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Where did this come from?

 Please don't ask where I got this gorgeous owl stamp because I have no clue.  I also have no idea why it was on my craft table this morning.  The little plastic bag must have stuck to the stamps I got out to use yesterday.  But it was there and I figured I'd just go with it to make a card using the sketch from Sketch Saturday.

 

(Leaves and sentiment are CTMH stamps.)

This is a great sketch for a CAS card.

 

The little leaves, sentiment and owl are all heat embossed with  copper embossing powder.  I wanted to put the owl on a branch.  By very carefully positioning the embossing folder on the card and barely cranking the handle on my Cuttlebug, I was able to just get two branches on the paper.  I was shooting for one, but settled for two.  Then I could perch the fussy cut owl on top.

Works for me!

Challenges I am entering include:

Sketch Saturday Week 627 - see sketch above; Allsorts Challenge Week 589 - I Love... owls and dry embossing; My Time to Craft Week 440 - Embossing (I used wet and dry.); Di's Digi Challenge - Winged and/or Tailed things; YNS Challenge #147 - Keep On Keeping It Clean; Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday September Challenge - Things with Wings; Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #253 - Monochrome (Copper); Cuttlebug Mania Tuesday Challenge - AG (I used the CB to emboss the branches.); Through the Craft Room Door Challenge Week of September 15th - AG; Sweet Stampers Challenge #48 - Things with Wings; Stamping Sensations September Challenge - The Great Outdoors
 


15 comments:

  1. i love how you started the blog with, don't ask me where this stamp came from, totally made me laugh!! Thank you for playing with us a C4G

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very cute owl, lovely CAS card

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a rather lovely Owl stamp with the enquiring stance to it's head, many thanks for joining in with our 11th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    With those wings he would fit our first challenge at: https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/ where we have great prizes to be won.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to also say thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really elegant! Thank you so much for celebrating with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you turned the EF for the owl to sit on. It was obviously meant to be that you used this lovely owl. Thank you for joining in with my I love challenge at Allsorts birthday challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab CAS card, Debi! I love the contrast between the embossed branch and the dramatic stamped owl! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at TTCRD this week, Hope to see you next week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi this is a lovely card, the fact your little owl was accidentally on your desk was serendipity. Love the branches, I think the half branch in the background works really well.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥

    DT for Through The Craft Room Door

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful CAS card Debi, love the embossed branches!

    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge! I hope you will again this time around as well:-)

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a CAS card, I love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.