Thursday, December 7, 2023

This is it!

 If you've been following my blog the last few days, I've been working on a special card for a friend.  Here's the final version.

What do you think?

I added some swirly stamping and red splotches to the background paper, just for interest.  The candy cane and poinsettia are digital images from Beccy's Place.  I actually used 3 poinsettias so I could layers them using thin foam for dimension.  The spray of winter greens was die cut in white and I added touches of green with a water brush.  Then I added a couple dark green holly leaves.  And finally I used some frost spritz and some white paint drops.  

 

I'm going to enter these challenges:

Beccy's Place December Challenge: AG with a BP image; optional fun fold

Double Trouble Challenge #155 - Die-cember (used my scissors for all that fussy cutting, included baker's twine and gold thread, also entered Use Your Stuff Challenge.

 

Use Your Stuff Challenge #481 - Wrap it up!


I can't decide if I should make one more version on a larger card base.  Does it look too crowded to you?


Thanks for visiting. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow - gorgeous card! Love the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, Debi! Reminds me of a big gift all wrapped up with a pretty poinsettia and candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Debi, the poinsettia and leaves turned out great and the stamping and splatters on the background really does bring it to life! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your friend is going to be thrilled to receive this beauty! The poinsettia is fantastic Debi, the layering is wonderful and gives it so much dimension. I love the way you've done the background with the extra stamping and white paint. I don't think it's too crowded, I think you nailed the design!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, your fussy-cutting is awesome and so rewarding when you create a beautiful card like this... your poinsettia is perfect for your background and embellishments. Thank you again for sharing another card with us at Double Trouble and Wrapping It Up with Use your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.