Sunday, January 26, 2014

CTMH Challenge

I was first introduced to stamping and card making by my friend, Joyce, who I often mention here on my blog.   She is a Close to My Heart consultant, has workshops almost weekly which I attend, and takes me along to help her when she and Betty, another consultant, set up at various stamping shows.  Consequently, I  have a lot of Close to My Heart products and enjoy playing in the Heart 2 Heart Challenge and the Color My Heart Challenge.  Both challenges encourage you to use your CTMH stash.
This week's color dare  #78 at Color My Heart is Hollyhock and Indian Corn Blue.  I knew I had Hollyhock but wasn't sure about the Indian Corn Blue.  After a little digging, I found one inch square stamp pads of both colors.  I used both pads to make the BG paper on the left side, which I dry embossed, and a CTMH background stamp on the right side.  Then I stamped and fussy cut the 3 stars and heat embossed with clear EP.  The ribbon is CTMH color ready ribbon which I colored with the same stamp pads and let dry while I went out and shoveled another 3" of snow off the driveway.    After making the blue bow I tied a piece of red, white and blue bakers twine around it and threaded it through the little star button.  So here is my finished card for Color Dare #78 at Color My Heart and a few additional challenges listed below.  This card will also be going in the box to send to Operation Write Home.



Dream Valley Challenge #74 - No Designer Paper
Stamping Sensations January Challenge - Ribbons, Buttons and Bows
Brown Sugar Challenge #78 - Embossing (I used both dry and heat embossing.)
Creative Inspirations Challenge #249 - Ribbons
Stampotique Designers January Challenge SDC#131 - Stars Take Two


Check out this picture of the scrap paper I placed the 3 stars on to stamp them with versa mark and then heat emboss them.  I'm saving this for maybe a guy card or grunge card. It certainly isn't going in the trash!

 

13 comments:

  1. A great CA style card Debi.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I love the remnants too! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Debi! Love the colours and perfect for your OWH package. I always enjoy seeing your leftovers as well - I agree - this will look great on a card. I imagine that's how you got the name of your blog LOL. I hate to waste too so I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of textures on your card! It really keeps the eyes moving to take in all the details. Love the stars and how bright they are. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, super cute background, this came out great! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't is great when your trash becomes treasure? Love your card and your bonus! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, and a great card to use up scraps, well done, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, good luck, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your starry card.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for OWH, Debi! Great idea saving the leftover. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, Debi, and for a wonderful cause! Love your stars (and the leftover piece, too)! Thanks for participating this week in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great one layer card, Debi! A fabulous entry for our ribbons buttons and bows challenge at Stamping Sensations this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card--I love all the textures you have without all the layers. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card! I really like the colors, textures, and stars you used.

    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.