Friday, January 10, 2014

Sometimes things just seem to pile up.....

For example:  laundry, bills, dishes, paperwork, mending, work in general, and
 SNOW
This morning we got another inch of the lovely white stuff.   I went out with my snow shovel in hand to collect the newspaper and the mail.  I completely forgot that there was a huge pile up of ice in front of the mailbox and quickly found myself flat on my back making a snow angel in the street.  Now I had just watched the mail truck struggling to get traction at everyone's mailbox due to this ice flow.  I should have known better, I admit.  I will also admit that the first thing I did after regaining a vertical position was to make sure none of my neighbors had witnessed my unfortunate acrobatics.  As far as I know, I did not break anything - not even the ice.   The experience did , however, give me inspiration for this little introduction to this card:
(Digi image and sentiment from Doodle Pantry)
Doodle Pantry Challenge #42 - Anything Goes
Desert Island Crafters Challenge #69 - I used  3 layers, glitter, and the last of my frosty shimmer mist :>(
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge SLC185 - 2014 Recipe (2 ovals, 0 pearls, 1  digi image, 4 DP)
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's January Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge - Anything Goes
Cards in Envy Challenge - Snowbody Like You
Delightful Challenges - Use Patterned Paper
Digi Haven Challenge - Baby It's Cold Outside
Digitally Sweet Challenge #70 - Anything Goes

Have a wonderful day/evening/whatever and remember to watch out for that ice!!!!

21 comments:

  1. OH NO I hope you're ok. Falls on the ice hurt so much ... and so do witnesses. LOL. Love your card, it's adorable. Good Luck in the Digi Haven Challenge. We're so glad you played along with us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Couldn't believe we got more snow today too! Great card to illustrate the day though! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!! What a sweet image and sentiment!! Perfect for this cold wintery weather!! It makes me smile!! Your coloring, colors, and design are beautiful!! Great use of the 2-0-1-4 recipe. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, this is fabulous, love snowmen, me, and thankfully only seen them on cards so far this year...great fun card hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! Thanks for joining at Digi Haven: Baby It's Cold Outside
    Hugs
    Dewi




    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image and sentiment!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love the frame also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, Debi, what a darling card! I just love these snowmen…who look like they are having such fun in the snow! I just love your coloring and you you made your "recipe" for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! So glad you've joined us! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart! You never know where creative inspiration may come from! This card is just delightful and down right fun! Glad you left those chores behind and joined us at ODBD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. While your card is darling, I hate that you fell. It sounds like you did not hurt yourself "making those snow angels in the street". Falling on ice is so painful. I hope you don't have any boo-boos from it today. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable image. Great papers. Thanks for joining our Patterned Paper Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you were not hurt (except your pride! LOL) Thanks for entering this cute card in the Doodle Pantry Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card. Love the cute image and the way you have it framed. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, things do pile up! Every day!! :) I love your cute snowman card. Perfect for our challenge at Cards in Envy and Digi Haven! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you aren't hurt and that you were able to turned something almost disastrous into this funny card! Thanks for playing in our Anything Goes Challenge at TTCRD - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun and charming! Thanks for playing with us over at PTW this Anything goes challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a adorable card. Love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. (you could also enter this into my CHNC Christmas challenges - would love to see it there too) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! So glad there were no actual injuries getting your mail. Retrieving mail is dangerous in the winter. Your card is adorable too! Thank you for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 42!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love snowmen and this is one of my very favorite images, Debi! Wonderful design and I love your paper choices. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Doodle Pantry this week and good luck in the draw!.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.