Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunday Night Reminder to Self:

If you need to get up in the middle of the night, for any reason, 
don't sneak a peek at the Mojo Monday Sketch or you won't get back to sleep! 

I shouldn't have peeked!
  And after I did, I should have just made the card and gone back to bed.  
 Instead I played 3 Scrabble games on my Kindle at 5 am while I mentally constructed this card:
Then the cat and I slept on the living room chair for an hour or so before I got up and actually made it.
I'll be drinking a lot of tea today, I'm afraid.
 
I had printed, colored and glittered this Gerda Steiner digi image last week but never put it on a card.  
Then yesterday I realized I missed the deadline for her challenge 
(which my friend Kitty won - Congrats, girlfriend!).  So I sat it out to use on my Mojo Monday card today.  The sentiment is a CTMH stamp.  The BG is more of the text weight kraft paper I bought by mistake, distressed with chocolate CTMH ink, faux stitched with marker, and mounted on standard white CS.  Just a few tiny dazzles were used as accents.

So without further chit chat, I am entering this card in: 
 

Our Creative Corner Challenge - No More Shopping Sins (kraft 'text' paper)
Robyn's Fetish Challenge #194 - No patterned paper, CS only
Cards in Envy Challenge - Snowbody Like You Challenge
Time 4 Scrap Challenge #31 - Any Color with Silver or Gold


Now what shall I do today?




13 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love how you did the border and corners - that's nifty! And, oh, if I could only tell you the nights I lay awake making cards in my mind - it's crazy, isn't it! I don't sleep very well most nights so I make a lot of imaginary cards in bed. Thanks for the shout-out too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Love your snowman, faux stitching and embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Debi, this is just so cute, and just fabulous image, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card! If I were you I would take it slow today and be sure that this night's sleep will be wonderfully deep ;)

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful make with us at OurCreativeCorner! Your Shopping Sin looks quite good on it!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie, done a fab card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely, I do love to see Kraft and white card together, it always looks so clean and fresh. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! I love the greeting and the stamped image is adorable - especially the bird on the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love your embossed background and the adorable snowman! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super cute card, love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute card. Love the pp of color and the sketch. Thanks for playing on Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! it doesn't look a bit like someone sleep deprived made it heehee

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute card, love your image and the sketch you used
    thanks for joining us at T4S this fornight
    good luck
    Lady-DT/ T4S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see your 'mistake' being put to great use here. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.