Friday, January 3, 2014

Sorry for the brief hiatus but....

my DH and I have spent the last several days watching a 7 season marathon of "Breaking Bad".   Since the HD and power source on our other computer decided to permanently retire the day my DH came home from having his hip replaced (12/16),  his physical healing has been accompanied by boredom.  So we had several days of together time watching TV; DH icing, elevating, exercising; and me actually sitting doing nothing with a bit of crocheting thrown in too.  I did make a couple needed cards and just got a new Quick Card magazine yesterday with a new card fold in it that I'm working on (converting from square to A2 size).  The marathon is over.  DH is getting around better and has retired the walker in favor of a cane, which he barely needs.  The computer repairs should be completed soon.  And I thought I'd sneak in a quick post between cleaning this room and the next.  The dust was not on hiatus!!!!

I did get Layla's birthday card made and in the mail.  She was a New Year's baby - 6 this year.
Joyce and Sybilla will be pleased to see I used the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge for this card.  First I cut a small cupcake card in pink.  Then cut just the cupcake wrapper out of DP.  (Layla was headed to the San Diego zoo on her special day to see pandas and koalas, so I used an animal print.)  I scored the DP and distressed the score lines before gluing it to the front of the shaped cupcake card.  Then I adhered the card to the blue embossed CS A2 card.  I glued one card on top of the other so the bottom portion of the cupcake card opened easily to reveal a gift card.  The 'Birthday Girl' was also cut on the cricut using the same Artiste cartridge. The frosting is CTMH sheer rosette ribbon and the candle a brad.  Of course, there is a birthday sentiment inside the main card. 

Challenges to which I'll be submitting this card include:
The Alphabet Challenge - 'x' for x-traordinary  (the card style is my x-traordinary feature)
Brown Sugar Challenge #75 - Use ribbon or twine
Card Makin Mamas Challenge #78 - Anything Goes
Crafty Hands Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #240 - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz Challenge #1 2014 - Happy 5th Birthday to Us!
Milk Coffee Challenge - Celebrations
Creative Moments Challenge #33 - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions Challenge #140 - Anything Goes
A Little Bit Crafty Challenge - Celebrate
Natalie's & Amy's Challenge - One for the Girlies
Mema's January 2014 Challenge - Bingo
(I chose diagonal upper left to bottome right: ribbon,dry embossing,brad, free)
Crafty Sentiments Design Challenge - Birthdays


Time to return to the dust and vacuuming.
Tip - Navy Blue carpet looks like velvet for approximately 5 minutes after it is vacuumed.  After that it looks like a navy blue lint magnet!




14 comments:

  1. Debi, your cupcake is darling! Love that ribbon icing. Glad dh's hip surgery went well (but sorry he had to have it). Those days of "doing nothing" but enjoying TV together can be so enjoyable. Marathons are a good way of laughing and guessing "who dunnit". Hope his recovery is complete, Debi. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wow, Debi! Definitely worth the wait. This is GORGEOUS! I wish I had one of those Cricut machines - love your cupcake! I know Layla will love this card! Glad your hubby is improving - sounds like you had fun watching all those shows LOL. I love those marathons - my BF and I do that sometimes too. And I bet you are chomping at the bit to get your computer back. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous birthday card! Hope your husband continues to improve. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, hope to see you again real soon! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shaped card
    Thanks for joining in this week at Inky impressions challenge.
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card!
    Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Debi, your cake card looks good enough to eat sweetie !! Hope hubby keeps improving !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debi, your card looks really yummy!! Glad your DH is improving and together time is sometimes a good thing. My girls and I would like to wish you a wonderful New Year and to thank you for taking time to play with us at Mema's Crafts. Good Luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHARISMA CARDZ challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I am loving the frosting on your cupcake!.Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
    ROXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card...that ribbon icing is just so lovely. I'm sure the card was well received, and hope it wasn't eaten...I feel like a cupcake right now even tho it's only 5:30am...LOL !!

    Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck. Hope to see you again.

    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW such a clever card and so feminine.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 5th Challenge 'Anything Goes' at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous make, thanks for sharing with us this fortnight at creative moments

    Zoe DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, such a creative birthday card.

    Thank you for joining us at MilkCoffee Digi Stamps

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very tasty! :o) Thank you for joining us over at ALBC. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.