Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweet!

This is my second post for today, as I'm waiting for wash to dry before heading to my Mom's for our weekly 4 o'clock Sunday tea.
Today's my son's birthday.  I called him at exactly 12:12pm (the time he was born)  to wish him a happy birthday.  I've been doing that since he went away to college, almost 20 years ago.  I didn't realize how much he enjoyed getting that call until one year I forgot.  I won't do that again!!!

It's funny the things that you don't realize.
You don't realize how often you don't center things on a card, until you try to make a card centering everything.  That's the challenge this week at Meljen's Design Team Challenge #192 - Bullseye.
I've used a freebie digital image from Meljen's because this guy is just too adorable.  Brown and red is a favorite combination of mine so I've used some of the kraft text paper I bought by mistake (I thought it was CS.) and layered it with some red glitter paper.  I used a Darice EF on the background but chose to use the debossed side for a different look.  The ribbon is one of my favorites and is almost gone, so I just used one inch pieces to conserve.  (I also cut rectangles out of the center of the red glitter paper to use later.  Why just cover up useable materials, especially when they are a little pricey or in short supply?)

Besides Meljen's Challenge, I am entering this in:
Robyn's Fetish Challenge #194 - No pattern paper
Allsorts Challenge Week #241 - Ribbons (no bows)
My Heart Pieces Challenge - Anything Goes


The dryer just buzzed!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Mojo Monday card.

12 comments:

  1. AWE Debi, this is fab, love the image and goes brilliantly with the Kraft card, fabulous embossing also xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, love the embossed background. Thanks so much for joining us over at Meljen’s Design Team & Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time

    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully created card, love the image and the embossing, very cute, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Debi and I love the image and colouring...
    Thanks for joining in with us at “Crafty Little Fairies..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card...and I love that tradition of calling your son at 12:12 on his birthday every year. Very nice. That heart embossed background is just lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs this week.

    Lynn, Guest Designer, Meljen's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a sweet card! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs!!

    Céline~DT member of Meljen's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and your card is sweet too! Love the image and the colouring is fantastic.

    Thank you for taking part in the Stamping Dragon 'Anything Goes ' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture you added………….Even in the absence of pattern paper……...your card is very lovely!………..Thanks for joining us at Robyn's
    Fetish this week………We hope to see you back again next week.

    SOMA
    (Robyn's Fetish DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ribbon detail and the texture added with the embossing!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Bullseye Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, love that backing. Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.