Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Pretty Plaid Birthday

When I am craft shopping, I can resist buying a lot of things with one exception - plaid paper.  I love plaid paper.  I don't know why.  It just catches my eye and jumps into my cart.  This pretty plaid is from My Favorite Things. 


The card layout is this week's MFT Sketch.


 The sentiment and background flower stamp are also from MFT.  The edges of the white banner and plaid paper are sponged. To add a bit of texture, I dry embossed the three strips, added baker's twine to the banner, and put very tiny shiny stickers in the centers of the stamped flowers.  Lastly, I popped the birthday banner.

 

 

Challenges:

My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #504 - see sketch above; Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes; The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge - It's the Thought that Counts; Through the Craft Room Door Week of August 25th - Anything Goes; The Paper Girls Challenge #206 - Emboss like a Boss; Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #83 - Make the Sentiment the Star

6 comments:

  1. I love plaids of all colors! What a 'Happy' birthday card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,love the papers.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card design. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
    In Search of My Creative Side

    ReplyDelete
  4. that plaid is so cool! and i love the sentiment on the banner! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.