Saturday, October 31, 2020

Quilt Weather

When I was a kid, my brothers and I would hate when it was cold on Halloween.  It was so hard to wear a winter coat under our costumes.  The three of us walked from house to house looking like we were muscle bound sumo wrestlers.  I stuck to witch, gypsy, clown and hobo costumes.  A ballerina was totally out of the question!

Today is Halloween and it's cold!

In the spirit of keeping warm, I've made 2 quilt patterned cards to share with you.  It's hard to make just one!

Panda is a Stampin' Up stamp.


Snowman is a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp.

 I love this combination of navy and, what CTMH calls, thistle. In fact, last year I found a sweatshirt in just these colors and immediately added it to my wardrobe, price be damned!  To me, they look both warm and rich together.

 My inspiration for these two cards came from the Fab 'n' Funky 500th Challenge Celebration and blog hop. 

Additional Challenges being entered: Get Creative Challenge #96 - Favorite Color Combo (navy and thistle); Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - AG; The House That Stamps Built Challenge 02820 - AG; As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Color to Pair with blue (thistle, it looks very regal to me and I am a Red Hat Queen); Crafty Catz Challenge #525 - All Dressed Up for Winter (The hat and scarf are paper pieced.); Just Us Girls Wild Card Challenge #560 - Word Dies; Allsorts Challenge Week #596 - For children or teens; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #514 - Anything Christmas Goes with option of something beginning with "H"  Hat                                                                                                                               

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty and cute!! I really like the idea of adding a cute image to the center of the quilt die cut! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, thanks for joining us in our blog hop challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card and just perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in..

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Such great designs!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and cute images, love the colour combo too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your cards! They are so pretty! Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and cute card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous intricate card. I love how you used the lovely colours. and even have a sweatshirt to match! Good luck in our 500 bloghop challenge hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnut Christmas.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this combination of colors, one to add to my swatch book. Your quilt cards are so fun, both are darling but the googlie-eyed snowman stole my heart. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.