Monday, May 9, 2016

Mojo Monday Move

My grandsons will soon be looking for Thank You cards for their teachers.  My daughter-in-law, a teacher herself, mentioned Saturday that there were only 28 days left.  
When making and giving cards, I often try to make them reusable giving the recipient the opportunity to send it on.  It's simple to use a post-it note or put the inside sentiment on another sheet of paper and use a strip of removable glue.  Then I address an outside envelope and include another with the card for re-mailing.
(Inside: one removable dot holds the bottom so you can slide a gift card behind the stamped index card)

 For this card I followed the Mojo Monday Sketch and used mostly CTMH products (fundamental papers and the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge) with the exception of the markers, the Skittles from Double Click and the ribbon, which I salvaged from a little gift bag I received with a recent stamp order.  It took me 2 days to get it untied!
If you visit my blog often, you may recall my flurry of preparations for the family Mother's Day Luncheon Saturday.  Those preparations included stripping my craft table, so it could be used as a dining room table. 
And, while most everything has been returned to it rightful place, I haven't moved my "stuff" back downstairs, yet, or emptied the silverware from the dishwasher.  I won't need the fancy silverware until Thanksgiving.  But, I did need to make my Mojo card!
Card operations have temporarily been moved to the spare bedroom where I stashed my "stuff" and stuff my "stash". 
Today's Challenges:
Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #447- I really like this sketch and plan to use it again tomorrow for the Joyful Stars May Blog Hop.  Hope you return for a fun Father's Day card.
 
Double Click Skittles Challenge - Teacher Appreciation
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #126 - sentiment only, no image
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite patterned or embossed paper and why 
I really love these Fundamental Papers by Close to My Heart.  You get the best of both worlds.  One side has a pattern and the flip side is embossed.  And they come in a wide variety of colors with matching embellishments, too.  If I had to choose between patterned or embossed.... I would probably choose embossed because I like the texture.


Don't forget to stop back tomorrow for the 
Joyful Stars May Blog Hop

 photo JoyfulStarsBlogHopBadge3_zpsa824a544.jpg

and a new 
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.

 Grab Our Button

6 comments:

  1. Great layers and papers on this! My kids have only 13 days left of school! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of gorgeous layers and details, thanks for joining us at AYLI this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! The school year has gone so fast hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great papers...sounds like the best of both worlds and perfect for AYLI this time!! Good Luck!! Sarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just wonderful. Love the fabulous, colorful papers you chose. Thanks for joining us over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.