Monday, May 2, 2016

Mojo Monday Sketch Contest # 446

This card will be headed to my BFF's mother in sunny Arizona.  We haven't seen much sun in Pennsylvania lately and this week's forecast doesn't call for much either.  Normally, I'd just hunker down and make more cards.  But my annual Mother's Day Luncheon is on Saturday, so I'll be cooking and cleaning most of the week anyway.  Hopefully, there will be one day when it's not raining so DH and I can spread the remainder of the mulch currently in the driveway.

I'm assuming you stopped by to see my Mojo Monday card and not for a weather forecast.  

The stamp is from Newton's Nook.  
The embossing folder was a freebie from a magazine. 
The butterflies cricut cuts are from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.   Here is a closeup of the butterflies.
I used black cs with a velum overlay.

Challenges:
 
Pile It On Challenge #107 - Garden Creatures 
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #136 - Mother's Day
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies Challenge #18 - Anything Goes/ Add a Sentiment 


OK.  That's enough of that.   Places to go (The SPCA to pick up Mom's new kitty.)  Wash to sort.  Cards to mail.  Craft table (aka dining room table) to clear off.  Cleaning to start........

Judy,
If you see this, inquiring minds would like to know how you are doing and where you are.
Hope everything went well and your recovery is quick. 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love this Debi! The embossed background is so textured - and perfect with the vellum butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love butterflies so loving this creation :) Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi! What a gorgeous card and that embossing folder is one that I must add to my wish list. The sparkle in the center of the butterflies sure does set it all off. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week, and please come back again and join me :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautifully elegant card! Thanks so much for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Jade’s Sparkling Butterflies Challenge this fortnight well. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw.

    Kym (Jade’s Sparkling Butterflies Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.