Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day with Leftovers


Last week I cut these velum butterflies (using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge) to use on  a Mother's Day Card for Mojo Monday.   Then I decided black butterflies with velum overlays would be more striking on that card, and set the velum butterflies aside.
Those leftover butterflies, now embossed, became delicate additions to this card.  I added a few skittles from Double Click; used a gorgeous die cut from Our Daily Bread Designs; and a sentiment from Newton's Nook.

****
Speaking of leftovers, our family's annual Mother's Day luncheon was yesterday.  Guess I overdid it.  The fact that 4 cancelled at the last minute didn't help. My frig is so packed with leftovers!  I'll be distributing some to my neighbor, although Paul was hoping I'd have a three layer chocolate cake to share.
And then I had one uninvited guest of the wrong gender...
 
We don't usually include canines.  And I almost freaked when he jumped up on my new white sofa!
****
Back to the card...
I am entering it in these challenges:
Crafty Calendar May Challenge - Things with Wings 
613 Avenue Create Challenge #175 - Anything Goes (option- use a die to frame/showcase your sentiment.) 
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #126 - Only a sentiment/no image
Come and Get It Challenge #117 - Card for a woman 
Pile It On Challenge #107 - Garden Creatures 
Stamping Sensations Challenge - May Anything Goes 


Hope everyone enjoys Mother's Day 
and a week of sunshine!

 

6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Debi, I love the delicate butterflies and the colors you used.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #179-“Mother’s Day” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very pretty. Love the soft colours and the little Butterflies !
    Great work.
    Thank you for join us at Come and Get It this week.
    Hope we see you soon.
    Jessica DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty creation Debi and the colours and vellum give it looks so soft and delicate look, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    I have some Tattered Lace candy here

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love your card for the Mothers Day. It´s just so clean and perfect. The butterflies fit perfect to the romantic text. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps challenge. Hugs alma

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge blog.
    Karolina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the delicate colours and the vellum butterflies. Thanks for joining in our 'Things with wings' challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.