Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Monochrome birthday

While searching for a piece of purple scrap paper for the hat on yesterday's card, I came across this piece of embossed paper.  It didn't take long to turn it into a birthday card for another of my Red Hat friends celebrating a June birthday.  

The birthday stamp is from CTMH.  I used White Daisy ink and gave myself a pat on the back for not smearing it!  I'm still contemplating the addition of white pearls in the center of all the punched x's, or maybe just 3 across the top embossed strip.

Challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Embossing (I used 3 different embossing strip folders to make this card.)
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #59 - Polka Party (I used a dotted embossing folder)
 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Debi. I would go with the pearls in all the crosses :0)
    Thanks for entering it in to my Monochrome challenge at CCM. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi! What a great thing you've created with a forgotten scrap. I just love all things purple and this is really a very beautiful card. My vote is for the 3 pearls across the top. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card TFS Craft Rocket Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely! The multiple embossing is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giggling at your pat on the back. I usually just breathe a huge sign of relief when it goes right!

    A lovely birthday card and spot on perfect for our monochrome challenge.

    Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful Birthday card. I love your purple Monochromatic colour scheme and the embossed background is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card I love the purple and all the embossing gives great texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.