Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Great Save! using an Ai Stamp for a Red Hat Birthday

Last Wednesday, on the way back from a Red Hat luncheon, Mom and I stopped at Pet Smart for a few items for Mom's new cat, Angel.  It just so happens, Pet Smart is right next to Michael's where I picked out a few sheets of sale paper and flowers I just had to have. Unfortunately, the 50% off coupon I was carrying only applied to regular priced items.  What better way to spend it than on an Ai stamp set that would be great for Red Hat cards! 
I knew I had a card to make for the 15th.

Last night, while attempting to fall asleep, 
I remembered that I had a card to make for the 15th.  
Not a problem.  It was this morning's first order of business.  
I'm not including the mundane everday stuff like making the bed, getting breakfast, getting dressed.... 
I stamped the image, multiple times on various paper scraps, so I could do some paper piecing.  Then I headed to the patio table with the images, markers, pencils, scissors and my tea.
We haven't seen sun in a while and I wasn't wasting it! 
When everything was colored and fussy cut I came back inside to complete the card and get it in the mailbox before the mailman arrived.  Mission completed!


So, while the liquid pearls dried, I got an envelope and my birthday/mailing list.  Whoops!  I needed 2 cards for the same day, only it wasn't the 15th, it was TODAY!!  I got out another envelope.  If I changed the hat and feather from red to purple, one of the cards I had would work fine.  And I didn't have to hurry, because the mailman just went up the street and both cards were already late. 

Before I put the cards in their respective envelopes, I took the card with the fun Ai stamp upstairs to show my DH.  It was my favorite and a lot of work.  As I was patting myself on the back for all the intricate fussy cutting I had done,
I saw it! 
Do you see it?
 Look closely!

BTW, this is the second card I altered to fit the occasion:

I not only changed the hat, but changed it from a side fold to a top fold, because I stamped the Happy Birthday inside the wrong way.
Yeah, it's one of those days!

So did you find my oops?
Would you believe, I dug out the scrap paper I had used and there in the middle was one, tiny, unscathed hand? 

I colored it, cut it out, and saved the card.
 
 I am entering these challenges: 
Art Impressions Challenge #184 - Laugh with you!
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #363 - Birthday 
Sassy Studio Designs Challenge #333 - Anything Goes 
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Birthday + Coloring (Dresses and polka dot hat trim are paper pieced.  Everything else was colored with pencils or markers.)
Southern Girls Challenge #134 - Anything Goes 
Through the Purple Haze Challenge #101 - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #71 - Polka Dots or Stripes
Scrapy Land Challenge #41 - Anything Goes + Die sold by Scrapy Land (I used 3 of the Heart Oval Dies by Spellbinders.)




 

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun card, loving these ladies, there hats are great too. Thanks for joining us over at our Birthday Blog Hop at CRAFT. Jean DT X

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ladies so make me laugh! They always look like they are having a party :) -- Great coloring and paper piecing too - Thanks for joining in at STB~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to be honest...I eventually saw it but it took me a LONG time!! I did something similar once but kind of in reverse. After I took the picture I noticed that I had not colored one hand. ...and YES, I had already mailed mine. Oh well, they probably never noticed. These are super cute cards. Your paper piecing is great. This card is really going to make someone laugh! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions! ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun. Debi! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge Birthday Bloghop!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always do crazy things like that so you are not the only one. Cute card and lots of fun. Good Luck! I hope we see you again!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land.
    Hug, Patricia
    Scrapy Land Store
    rubber stamping is my game blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sassy red hat ladies- wonderful work. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards! Both are brilliant and I LOVE the colour combo (fits the poem, yes?). How nice of them to put Michaels next to the pet store. BTW, if you are looking for another fun challenge why not check-out the Naughty or Nice Challenge blog? Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour combo & fun image. Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge #134.
    Alicia (Southern Girls DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.