Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Floating Easel Card

After watching a video my friend, Karen, made for Stencil Sunday at Stamplorations Blog, I ordered some supplies to make the floating easel card.  But I couldn't wait until they arrived and did some improvising.  For a first attempt, I'm fairly pleased.



 The Santa stamp was a freebie from Quick Cards magazine.  I used Staz-On ink to stamp the image on the front of the acetate and then colored it with markers on the back.  The die cut for Believe is from Sizzix.  Papers are by Bo Bunny.  Sentiment stamp, acetate (half of a clear card I purchased ages ago) and gold glitter tape are from CTMH.  The snowflakes on the front are Dazzles.  Looking at the photo, I may try (?) to move one so they don't appear to be in such a straight line.


Challenges:

Beccy's Place November Challenge - Day 7 "F" floating easel card; Shopping Our Stash Challenge #434 - Snow; The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #84 - Anything Christmas; Merry Little Christmas Challenge #84 - Anything Christmas; Allsorts Challenge Week 599 - Santa, Elves, Angels, option Christmas; Inkspirational Challenge #226 - Frame It;

 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card Debi. I have never seen an easel card done with acetate before but it gives it such a different and interesting look. Personally I like the snowflakes how you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Debi, what a great idea to add the acetate window! I love that you can see through to the sentiment when the card is closed. The Santa image you used is fabulous, and I like the addition of the little snowflakes. Wonderful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks really great. You did a good job. The snowflakes are fine as is.
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The acetate with the coloured Santa and deer looks great - a sort of whimsical look. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you've said about the snowflakes being in a line, I can see what you mean - being random is so difficult! - but I really wouldn't have thought that if you hadn't said! I think this looks spectacular. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christmas creation. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card! i've never heard of a floating easel style before, but you've instantly got me hooked! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.