Thursday, November 17, 2016

Beccy's Place Day #17

Every so often, when I get to card class, one of the gals has a goodie for me.  Not so long ago, Judie asked me if I could use a negative she had left after cutting trees on her cricut.  I quickly snatched that baby right up and tucked it safely into my craft bag.  With a dauber, some ponderosa pine ink, a snow flurry stamp, versamark and snow embossing powder, I had a background for this card in no time at all.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Day #17 at Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards Challenge is all about Backgrounds.
(Stamps are CTMH; animals are colored with Promarkers and fussy cut; sentiment is embossed.)

Additional Challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge - W is for Wishes 
Double D Challenges - Traditional Christmas Colors
I Love Promarkers Challenge #322 - No Patterned Paper 
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #278 - Front and Center (Gee, this was easy!  You should see my craft table right now!  The frame I used is my sos item, leftover from when I die cut the center from a piece of glitter paper I was using under something else. )

Now, I must get busy. 
 I have all of 5 hours before we must collect our grandsons off the school bus.

10 comments:

  1. OMG how adorable is this card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Traditional Christmas Colors’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see people use those negatives, and this has worked really well!
    Thank you for sharing with us at I love promarkers,
    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute images and wonderful design. Thanks for linking up your design at Double D Challenge Blog.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, perfect for our challenge at ABC Christmas this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did a fabulous job creating your background Debi, the pine trees look awesome! I love the different shades of green you used, it really gives the image lots of dimension. The owl and deer are very cute all wrapped up in the winter woolies. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, the little owl is so cute
    Thanks for playing along with us at I love promarkers
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Debi! Your trees look amazing and I love those cute critters! You made great use of that die-cut negative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo!! way to go using your things from your desk and your stash, this is what we should do all the time.
    I love, love this little winter scene, those critters are adorable and the pines created with that left over die cut look amazing.
    Thank you for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card. I love it when we get things that can be used on another card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. Love the winter scene with the trees and cute animals. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.